Senior UX Designer
Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, we’re the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and we’ve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurus—our employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
CarGurus is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to build usable, attractive, and high-performing user experiences for the CarGurus consumer marketplace website and mobile app. Specifically, this person will be responsible for the UX design related to the Merchandising Product team in addition to driving design across the mobile app. The ideal candidate will be comfortable solving complex customer problems with agile teams that include engineers, product managers, analysts, and copywriters. An online portfolio or access to samples of past work is required for applicants to this position.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with engineering and product leads to research, conceive, design, prototype, and ultimately test new features within the CarGurus consumer-facing experiences across web and mobile app
- Create user flows, sketches, use cases, personas, and other product design and communication artifacts as needed, based on business requirements and constraints
- Practice an evidence-based design approach, and apply user insights and customer feedback (including A/B testing) to rapidly iterate on your designs
- Understand business strategy and how designs align with strategy
- Apply measurements of the efficiency of designs to your work
- Work with teams and partners across CarGurus
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of UX design/product design experience across Android, iOS and web
- Proficient in commonly used design tools such as Figma
- Fluent in UX/UI design trends in the mobile space
- Proficient in user-centered design principles and testing methodologies
- Experienced in user research, usability testing and other methods of design validation
- Can clearly and effectively present and communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and customers
- Familiar with HTML/CSS as a medium, and with Agile Scrum methodology as a practice
- Understand accessibility concerns
- Able to partner with product managers and engineering to balance technical, business, and customer requirements while applying a user-centric design approach
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus’ curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—starting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. That’s why we hope you’ll apply even if you don’t check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.
US employees must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. #LI-Hybrid