Lead Product Designer
About the role:
The Lead Product Designer will play a critical role at Level Home, designing world-class digital experiences within our iOS and Android apps.
- Own the end-to-end user journey from ideation to final production
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data while executing designs using high-quality wireframes, user journeys, cross-platform interactive prototypes, and pixel-perfect visual design
- Design experiences across all of our platforms: iOS, Android, Web
- Participate in design critiques and present work regularly in stakeholder feedback meetings
- Evaluate design opportunities through UX research interviews
- Build relationships with cross-functional team members across disciplines, and effectively speak to process, goals, and team vision
- Partner with engineers as they build and ship solutions
- 8+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field with experience working on mobile
- Proven track record of working within a product team to ship successful products to users
- Experience implementing design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment
- Highly proficient with design tools (Figma, Sketch, Principle, etc)
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets, shaping design for multi-disciplinary projects
- Mastery of design craft
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well on a highly collaborative and cross-functional team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, visual communication, HCI, or equivalent practical experience
More about Level Home:
When we look around our homes today, we see opportunity. We see “smart” products that lack utility and connected devices that push us further apart. We see consumers with high expectations, current standards set too low, and products that simply fail to deliver.
Level Home Inc. is re-inventing the standard. We’re redefining “smart”, to center around thoughtfulness, practicality, and the people who make the problem worth solving. We approach product design with a blank slate, zero assumptions, and an open-mind, because the way a problem is defined sets the stage for its solution. We couple deep expertise with unbridled curiosity, because to us “smart” means simple, intuitive, and useful.
We start with empathy, take new perspectives, and challenge existing standards. People are at the heart of what we do, and respecting their style, choices, and preferences is the first step to uncovering a thoughtful solution that truly improves their daily lives. After all, we’re not just designing products for a house, we are designing them for the people who make it a home.
Level Home Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Level employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got Recruiting covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.
Search terms: Apple HomeKit Home Kit Apple Home Key Homekey