Mid-level User Experience Designer
What to expect
We’re hiring a Full- stack Mid-level User Experience Designer (Product Designer) to help create amazing and memorable experiences by expertly using the User Experience Design (UXD) process. You will use their skills to help lead, understand, empathise and create impactful solutions for our users across various touch points. Additionally, you will help build Ozow to be the most loved FinTech company in Africa. In this role, we encourage you to always have our users at the heart of all of your solutions (either using best practices and / or being informed based on data and insights).
Your responsibilities include:
- Work closely with a Senior / Lead UX Designer and support them with various. human-centric processes and activities.
- Help identify user problems and challenges that needs to be solved.
- Help the gathering of requirements from stakeholders and team members.
- Unpack problems through various UX Research activities such as interviews, surveys, observational studies, etc.
- Basic understanding in reading and interpreting quantitative data.
- Analyse and synthesise user research and data.
- Follows a human-centric process to solve the problem.
- Visualise the process and solution through.
- User Flows
- Customer Journey Maps
- Task Flows
- Information Architecture
- Low Fidelity Wireframes & Interactive Prototypes.
- Create high-fidelity solutions and building out User Interface designs.
- Create interaction solutions and how the user interacts with components.
- Contribute and create components in a Design System.
- A basic understanding of validation activities such as Usability Testing, Guerrilla Testing, RITE Method, etc.
- Measure the success of the solution using various metrics.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in User Experience
- Experience in fintech or technology companies
- A portfolio or case study of previous work
- A certification in User Experience (or something similar, i.e. Interaction Design or Design Thinking)
- A clear understanding of Figma
- A passion for solving problems for humans
- The courage and patience to be in a fast-paced company that is scaling quickly
- A fail early, fail quickly and fail inexpensively way of thinking
- The ability to champion the user in all your solutions
- The ability to learn and receive feedback from Senior/Lead UX Designers and other team members
- The drive to always learn and grow your craft
- Skills in both applying your UX learnings into your solution
- The ability to work closely with a Senior UX Designer and within an Agile team
- The passion to always improve and iterate solutions.
In office perks
- Free healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks (Cape Town)
- Free healthy lunches and snacks (Johannesburg)
- Free laundry service (Cape Town and still to launch in Johannesburg)
- Monthly socials (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- On-site Barista (Cape Town)
- Workplace Concierge (Cape Town)
- Ozow Library (Cape Town)
- Ozow Playroom (Cape Town)
Perks for South African based employees
- Medical aid subsidy (permanent staff)
- Group Risk Insurance (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Gym / Fitness sessions
- Ozow Cookbook
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Quarterly team retreats and annual company retreats
- Employee gifting
- Access to cutting edge technology
- Hybrid and Remote work
Sounds good? Apply now!
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!