Posted 1 month ago
Apply for this job
About the role:
- Underpay is looking for a talented UI/UX designer and generalist to design our suite of products and level up company branding.
- You will join the startup on day 1 and work directly with the founders, starting from a blank slate to design our product suite and level up our branding game.
What you’ll do:
- Design the app and web app from start to finish, including creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows and process flows.
- Ensure proper implementation of your designs by collaborating closely with our front-end team.
- Contribute to creating the company's branding and visual identity.
- Address other design needs within the company as required.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
Who you are:
- An experienced UI/UX Designer with a passion for creating user-friendly and visually appealing designs, and that has built app designs from start to finish.
- A design generalist, happy to contribute to a variety of different company design and branding needs.
- You love your craft and stay up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Startup-oriented. You perform well in a small team with the full business context and a clear North Star goal.
- Self-sufficient. You want responsibility and thrive on being trusted to get on with it.
- 4+ years of general design experience, at least 3 years in UI/UX.
- A strong track record of creating functional and beautiful, user-centric digital products.
- Expert-level Figma skills, experience with clean and maintainable design systems.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other graphic design tools.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with no code website tools like Framer and Webflow.
- Experience building company branding and design elements from scratch.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Potential for options upon next funding round.
- Hybrid working ?2 days in person in London a week (open to fully remote).
- Bring your own design stack - we have no legacy dependencies, and will use what you know if it is the best tool for the job.
- True startup experience, you’ll be joining the team on day 1 - shaping the product, visual language and design practices.
- Clear pathway to becoming a design lead of a fast-growing fintech company.