Posted 17 days ago
Apply for this job
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
The User Researcher will work with other Research team members in helping Tala identify and design new product features that empower our users to better manage their financial lives by interacting with our current and future customers.
What You'll Do
- Deep market research on the landscape of available financial services, under the supervision of our senior research staff
- Contribute meaningfully to the development of new and exciting products for Tala Mexico by ensuring a deep shared understanding of our customer's daily lives, attitudes, behaviors, and needs
- Generate insights to drive empathy-fueled action across Tala’s strategic efforts in areas such as experimental new product development, competitive analysis, and financial healthImplement best practices in human-centered design and mixed research methods
- Design, execute and analyze research to contribute actionable insights to the strategic goals of new business, using human-centered design techniques and mixed research methods
What You'll Need
- 2+ years in applied user research inside innovative consumer fintech, financial, mobile, or digital companies or market research firms
- 2+ years of experience in conducting end-to-end user research projects
- 1+ years of experience in Market Research, assessing market
- Strong analytical skills, and experience in SQL or similar databases
- Familiarity with double diamond and human-centered design principles
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.