Senior UX Designer
Posted 2 months ago
Apply for this job
At Drip, we believe any ecommerce brand should have the tools to connect with their customers and compete online. Learn more about Drip and how we empower independent brands to grow beyond their wildest dreams.
Look through our Careers Page to see our story, learn about our team and browse some of our benefits. Diversity at Drip is more than welcomed. It’s celebrated.
About the opportunity:
Reporting to the VP of Product and joining an existing team of world-class UX designers, you will take the brand and aesthetics of the user experience to the next level within a fast-paced and experimental environment. You keep customers top-of-mind and will relentlessly seek and advocate the highest convenience and ease of functional use of the product. Our Principal Product designer will be a beacon for all facets of the design process.
This is a great opportunity to shape a rapidly evolving product in a fast-growing venture-backed company. This person will help us deliver great ecommerce marketing capabilities, growing our customer’s businesses.
Some of your contributions will include:
- Take broad, abstract, conceptual ideas and problems and turn them into something useful and valuable for our users
- Unlock empathy for our customer’s unique problems and tasks, and translating that into great flows and experiences in the Drip app
- Participate with the design team to evolve the design system consistent with the Drip brand
- Rely on a proven set of ‘tools’ to research and establish the root problem
- Lead interdepartmental team members through an iterative discovery process in order to arrive at a viable experience.
- Advance a strong point of view, backed up by customer insights, design principles, and industry trends
Core Traits We Look For:
- A strong individual contributor that is comfortable growing in that role
- Your approach is transparent; Perfection is the enemy of progress here.
- An evidence-based personality that draws from qualitative data , quantitative data, and experience
- Proficient facilitating customer centric activities with teams
- You hold yourself and others accountable
- Someone who shows up for their team/s
- Humble-confidence: If you don’t know, you admit it, and you’ll find it out. If you do know, take that opportunity as a teaching moment. If you have an ego and think you know everything - don’t apply.
- Someone that can lead a team critically as they think about the convergence of design, tech, and business
- Navigate and reconcile the most desirable experience within boundaries, timelines, etc
- Has worked in a truly Agile environment; I’m talking comfortable living with uncertainty and letting the data and evidence tell us more
- Thinks creatively but at scale and systematically within our Design System and across our organization
- Independence, autonomy, and a strong sense of self; you are the only designer on your Mission Driven Team
- Appreciates sharing and pairing with other design team members
- Believe in ‘experiences’ not page design or static elements on a page.
- Plus: SaaS, Start up, and experimental mindset and experience
What to expect during the interview process:
- Your portfolio will get you through the door. If you can’t design, then you’re not a fit
- An inspiring portfolio is great, but we also care, if not more more, about how you arrived at certain conclusions. So be prepared to talk about that as you do your portfolio review
- Be able to talk about how you work interdependently with varying team roles: PM, Eng, Marketing, etc
- Explain your approach and principles that are fundamental to your practice
- We believe in people bringing their whole selves to work, so please lean into this during the interview process. We will do the same.
- Optional: A design exercise
The Interview Process:
- Apply, nice to meet you!
- Recruiter Screen - 30 min Zoom Video Call
- Hiring Manager Screen - 30 min Zoom Video Call
- Portfolio Review - 1 hr Zoom Video Call with Two Team Members
- Team Interview - Around 2.5 hours to meet with the Drip Team
- Team Debrief, we will meet to discuss openly about our conversations and share feedback for the hiring managers final decision. Regardless of outcome, every candidate will get an update from Drip on their interview status quickly.
- Offer, we will call the candidate that we hope will be the next Dripster hire!
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Digital first culture - we’re open to crew members working remotely or from our Minneapolis Hub
- Finally, just good humans...no jerks!
Compensation: $110,000 - $130,000 Annually
In order to create a space of trust with our crew, we publicize quite a bit, including compensation ranges for each of our positions. We select our initial range through national compensation survey data. And then factor in things like tenure, performance, and geographic location to come up with the most accurate numbers. Are you outside the range we’ve provided above? No problem. We encourage you to still apply, and provide us with your compensation expectations when you do. We’re big on open conversations, so, let’s have one.
Working for a successful early-stage tech company (ahem, Drip) is something we consider to be a unique and exciting opportunity. As part of the best team ever (yes, we really feel this way), you’ll work hard and encounter exciting challenges and adventures along the way. In the same vein, our positions come with some pretty amazing advantages, opportunities, and fulfillment. So bring your best self and your strongest oars to the Drip crew boat, and we'll bring great stuff in return. Including chocolate, if that’s your thing.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.