Edge & Node
Edge & Node is a creative software development company working to build a vibrant, decentralized future. Founded by the initial team behind The Graph, Edge & Node is dedicated to the advancement of web3, a decentralized and fair internet where public data is available to all—an internet that enables its users to increase agency over their creations and their lives.
Edge & Node’s initial product is The Graph, an indexing protocol for querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS, which ensures open data is always available and easy to access. The Graph is used by thousands of protocols and dapps including Uniswap, Livepeer, Aave, Decentraland, and more.
The Design Team is a distributed group of problem-solvers with high standards. Striving for excellence in every iteration by being curious, agile, and pragmatic. We collaborate closely across time zones, taking ownership and constantly pushing designs forward across product and marketing. We empathize and engage with users to identify, research, and develop foundational design patterns to make dApps and web3 more accessible and beautiful.
We seek a creative UX/UI designer ready to tackle meaty technical challenges. We are building the foundational infrastructure of web3 and need a sharp and passionate mind to help our users navigate challenging workflows. Our ideal candidate will be biased toward action, default to collaborative communication, and possess the skills to deliver excellent designs.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Wireframes: Thoughtful and empathetic thorough explorations of core user flows
- Mockups: Well-crafted, high-fidelity UI interfaces leveraging our component system
- UI Components: Improve our design systems. Collaborate on UX/UI patterns and components
- Prototypes: Prototype end-to-end high-fidelity UI designs to visualize product experiences
- Learn and Iterate: Meet with users to gather feedback and insights on how the product should evolve.
What We Expect
- Ability to understand complex tools and systems. Our work is highly technical and a deep understanding of the products and web3 problem space is essential.
- An online portfolio demonstrating strong conceptual thinking and impeccable craft across a variety of projects
- A disciplined process for identifying and documenting core user flows
- A desire to gather, understand and convert a lot of complex information into clean interfaces that are both engaging and informative
- Expertise with web prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, or Framer (we use Figma)
- Expertise in creating and maintaining design systems and components
- Compassionate and confident when giving feedback to others on the team, and humble when receiving feedback
- A strong work ethic, take ownership, and proof-check your work with high accuracy. Know how to balance perfectionism with agile deliverables.
- Emotional intelligence to think through design problems with partners and arrive at thoughtful solutions.
- Excited about web3
About The Graph
The Graph is the indexing and query layer of web3. The Graph Network’s self service experience for developers launched in July 2021. Developers build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, that applications can query using GraphQL. The Graph supports indexing data from multiple different networks including Ethereum, NEAR, Arbitrium, Optimism, Polygon, Avalanche, Celo, Fantom, Moonbeam, IPFS, and PoA with more networks coming soon. To date, tens-of-thousands of subgraphs have been deployed on the hosted service, and now subgraphs can be deployed directly on the network. Over 28,000 developers have built subgraphs for applications such as Uniswap, Synthetix, KnownOrigin, Art Blocks, Balancer, Livepeer, DAOstack, Audius, Decentraland, and many others.
If you are a developer building an application or web3 application, you can use subgraphs for indexing and querying data from blockchains. The Graph allows applications to efficiently and performantly present data in a UI and allows other developers to use your subgraph too! You can deploy a subgraph to the network using the newly launched Subgraph Studio or query existing subgraphs that are in the Graph Explorer. The Graph would love to welcome you to be Indexers, Curators and/or Delegators on The Graph’s mainnet. Join The Graph community by introducing yourself in The Graph Discord for technical discussions, join The Graph’s Telegram chat, and follow The Graph on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Medium! The Graph’s developers and members of the community are always eager to chat with you, and The Graph ecosystem has a growing community of developers who support each other.
The Graph Foundation oversees The Graph Network. The Graph Foundation is overseen by the Technical Council. Edge & Node, StreamingFast, Messari, Semiotic and The Guild are five of the many organizations within The Graph ecosystem.