FloSports is a world-class sports media company strategically positioned to be the essential destination for passionate sports fans, delighting them with live event coverage, breaking news, highlights, stats, rankings, and team and player profiles. We are growing Our Sports every day by continuing to invest in our ever-expanding ecosystem, which consists of over a dozen sport verticals and hundreds of streaming partners. FloSports is creating the home for sports like hockey, track & field, racing, grappling, wrestling, cheer and more, and we are looking for innovative and passionate people like you to help us!
We’re looking for a Product Designer to help drive and execute our vision for delivering a world-class, customer-focused sports experience.
This is an awesome opportunity to join the company at a pivotal moment and make a huge impact. You’ll partner with peers in product, engineering, marketing, and business operations to define and develop new event management experiences across our family of sports. You’ll drive the customer-experience of event creation, participant registration, and event management. You’ll influence the team's long-term strategy. You’ll contribute ideas that strengthen our products, and solve important customer and business problems. You’ll discover and define critical information architecture choices that tie complex, multi-platform systems into intuitive customer experiences.
This role will be based in Austin, TX and required to work in the Austin office a minimum of 4 days per week.
THE CANDIDATE (That’s You!)
You have always dreamed of an opportunity to create a kick-ass (sports!) media product from the ground up. You’re empathetic to customer needs. You are curious, and are always looking for innovative ways to deliver world-class experiences to our customers.
Your design process is well-defined, and consistently leads you to successful solutions. You justify all design decisions with data, and move fast through the discover, define, develop, and deliver phases. You clearly communicate your reasoning to large groups, and influence others. You focus on accuracy, conciseness, and completeness in the way you communicate. You bring your entire team into your design process, and have an open mind to other's perspectives.
You’re a great teammate. You’re confident but humble. You’re deeply empathetic for your team, and your customers. You recognize that feedback is a gift; you give and take it freely and often. You have strong intuition, conviction, and humility.
- Drive the product design of insights-driven experiences that balance customer and business needs, and drive engagement
- Collaborate closely with product managers, engineers and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Collaborate with design leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to understand internal workflows, strategies, and pain points that will inform new features
- Identify quantitative and qualitative insights, analyze the insights, and use them to inform the problems you’re trying to solve
- Create user-flows, journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, high-fidelity UI designs, and design documentation
- Partner with product managers to lead, organize, and facilitate user-testing
- Define and document new patterns and ensure consistency across our products
- Proactively seek out opportunities to gather constructive feedback early and often
- Present and articulate design decisions with clarity and rationale
- Proactively identify and define opportunities for the design team to improve processes, tools, and product experiences
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 3+ years experience as a product designer
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Expert level proficiency using Figma
- Experience designing SaaS tools
- Strong driver of design thinking on the product team
- Strong cross functional collaboration and communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously and asynchronously in a fluid environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills — you’ll be collaborating with others and presenting your work regularly.
- Prototyping experience using Figma, Origami, Principle, Webflow, etc.
- Experience creating cross-platform video-based products, especially in sports
- Experience building design systems using Figma
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience in or with one of the sports we cover
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential.
- Recognized three years in a row as a Top Workplace by the Austin-American Statesman
- Flexibility at work - you can take control of your profession and personal schedule
- All-hands events hosted twice a year in beautiful Austin, Texas
- Annual equity awards for all top performers
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match vested immediately
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Unlimited paid time off
- Hack-a-thons and a full calendar of team-building and social events
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company donation to youth teams and leagues that our employees coach
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week