Senior Product Designer
Posted 1 month ago
Apply for this job
About Morning Consult:
Morning Consult is a global decision intelligence company changing how modern leaders make smarter, faster, better decisions. The company pairs its proprietary high-frequency data with applied artificial intelligence to better inform decisions on what people think and how they will act.
This role is available in any of our office locations or remote within the United States, with occasional travel to meet with the team in DC/NYC.
Morning Consult is committed to delivering purpose-driven products and experiences that create consistent value for our customers. We transform complex data and workflows into reliable and intuitive solutions that redefine how leaders make data-driven decisions. Product Designers at Morning Consult are excellent analytical and conceptual thinkers who dive deep into problem spaces in service of our customers and the business.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will collaborate closely with Product and Engineering partners to take ownership of a domain, uncover new problem spaces, and deliver user-centered solutions. You will drive product and UX strategy within your scrum team while ensuring that processes and decision-making are rooted in customer research and business objectives. In this role, you will produce polished and high-fidelity mock-ups of large-scale features or flows that solve user problems. Excellent execution skills allow you to tie decision-making to research findings, thoughtfully incorporate stakeholder feedback, and work within technical constraints.
Success in this role requires a strong foundation in user-centered design methods and instinctive curiosity to fully understand our customers, their problems, and our opportunities through continuous discovery and research. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in an ambiguous, fast-paced start-up environment and can apply structured thinking to abstract problems.
This role is a unique opportunity to shape strategy and vision in both new and developing Morning Consult products. You will thoughtfully incorporate research and discovery and have the opportunity to interface directly with customers in an effort to inform and validate solutions. Additionally, you will collaborate directly with other Product Design professionals to benefit from shared knowledge, promote a cohesive user experience, and collectively upskill our Product division.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Expertly manages multiple large work streams simultaneously in an agile environment with an emphasis on problem discovery and definition
- Proactively navigates ambiguous problem spaces through generative discovery research. Identifies gaps in knowledge and proactively fills them
- Collaborates with Product Manager to define problem statements that are rooted in customer research
- Comfortable navigating customer research processes across a variety of methods. Knows when the team has enough research to move forward
- Independently scopes UX work. Explores multiple viable solutions and iterations. Creates high-fidelity mock-ups for large-scale features that solve user problems. Delivers fully complete design artifacts on time
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners to establish the team roadmap. Helps guide team-level decision-making through processes anchored in UX Strategy
- Plays a crucial role in defining and measuring success and uses this data to inform future iterations and initiatives
- Regularly contributes to existing Product Design systems and resources
- 5+ years of experience as a UX or Product Designer
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. Interaction, Graphic, Visual Communications, Product), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- An online portfolio of case studies demonstrating experience in end-to-end product design processes including discovery, problem definition, solution design, iteration, delivery, and outcome measurement
- Excellent execution skills and consistent delivery
- Low-friction and strong cross-functional collaborator with experience working with product managers and developers in an agile environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills that are curated to the audience
- Willingness to give and receive feedback; an ethos of continuous self-improvement
- Consistently and thoughtfully advocates for solving customer problems within the context of business objectives
- Forward-thinking, takes initiative, and ability to balance both short-term and long-term solutions
- Ability to navigate ambiguous problem spaces, drive to clarity, and bring others along
- Experience building enterprise SaaS applications with a focus on search, data visualization, or onboarding preferred but not required
Note: we view the above section as a guide, not a checklist. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list!
We are committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law. Morning Consult will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals.
The expected salary range for this position is $107,500 - 174,900, with a midpoint of $141,200.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. This role is eligible for an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation. Please see an overview of Morning Consult’s benefits on our Career Page.
COVID-19: Morning Consult’s top priority is the health and safety of our employees, their families, and the communities where they live and work. As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive their booster shot in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's guidelines. Morning Consult offers a reasonable accommodation process for individuals who are unable to meet our vaccination requirement due to a disability, medical condition, sincerely held religious belief, or other grounds protected by federal, state, or local laws.