Posted 1 month ago
Apply for this job
Who You Are
Interested in helping to establish and implement best practices, improve the overall user experience of our products, and work closely with our product managers, designers, and developers to create compelling content?
As a talented and self-driven UX Copywriter on our User Experience team, you would create clear, concise, and engaging copy for our products while establishing and implementing UX writing best practices within the company. The role focuses on collaborating with UX designers, product managers, and developers to enhance the overall user experience and effectively communicate complex technical concepts to various audiences.
You would also work closely with cross-functional teams, perform content audits, and use data-driven optimization techniques to improve the user experience. Additionally, the role requires the candidate to be a self-starter with experience working in technology-driven environments and creating content for both internal and external audiences, including technical documentation and marketing materials.
What You'll Do:
- Assessing the current state of copy within our products, identifying areas for improvement, and establishing best practices for UX writing.
- Collaborating with embedded UX designers, product managers, and developers to create new, user-centric copy for our products, ensuring consistency in voice, tone, and style.
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive style guide for our products, which includes guidelines for voice, tone, terminology, and accessibility best practices.
- Conducting user research to gain insights into the needs, preferences, and pain points of our target audience, ensuring that our copy addresses these insights and enhances the user experience.
- Creating content that aligns with our company's vision and goals, while maintaining a consistent user experience across all touchpoints.
- Performing content audits to identify areas for improvement and working closely with the UX team and product owners to prioritize and implement these improvements.
- Conducting feedback analysis to optimize the copy for better user engagement and overall experience.
- Comfortably working with technical content and developers, translating complex concepts into clear and engaging copy for users.
Qualifications - We encourage you to apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
- A bachelor’s degree in English Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field.
- Proven experience in UX writing, content strategy, or a similar role, preferably within the technology or telecommunications industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong understanding of UX principles and best practices, with the ability to establish and implement new processes.
- Ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels, especially with software engineers and technologists.
- Familiarity with user research methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge of SEO principles and experience incorporating into content strategy is a big plus.
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, and manage projects independently.
Who We Are
At Vail, we believe in the unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Using Vail technology, we make millions of voice interactions better every day. We process around 10% of all toll-free call traffic in the U.S; 1 in 10 times when someone calls a customer support hotline Vail is routing or interacting with that call.
We are rapidly growing across multiple dimensions, including our customer base, the scope of products we offer, and the size of our team. Now is the right time for a strong candidate to join and grow with us. We have a supportive culture where employees are encouraged to achieve both personal and team goals because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment.
We offer competitive compensation and affordable benefits with flexibility and choice to meet individual and family (including Domestic Partnerships) needs including:
· Multiple medical, dental, and vision plan options
· Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
· 401(k) savings plan with company match (50% on first 6% of employee contribution)
· 31 days total annual PTO
· Annual Bonus Program
· Paid maternity and paternity leave
· Relocation allowance
· Employee referral bonus
· Gym membership
· Technical and Professional Development stipend
We are striving to implement and sustain an inclusive and equitable work environment for all employees by sourcing underrepresented groups and continually empowering those individuals within our organization to further enrich Vail’s communication solutions. We recognize that equitable and unique individuals benefit our teams’ problem-solving, innovation and development efforts.
Our offices are located in Deerfield and Chicago, IL. Interviews and onboarding are conducted in our offices when possible. We observe a hybrid work format that provides employees flexibility to collaborate with team members based on business needs.