Lead UX Designer
Lead UX Designer
- A hybrid people leader and individual contributor role
- A design team who balance strategic thinking with high quality design work
- Work fully remote or join our hybrid model in our Sydney or Melbourne offices
- 6 month fixed-term contract, starting in July
Join Zip’s Product Design function, responsible for creating and designing seamless, secure and sustainable products that enable customers to shop with confidence and merchant partners to grow their brands.
Our Product Design team has frequent collaboration with product, engineering, brand, marketing, risk, data and UX Research.
Cool stuff you'll be working on:
As part of the Growth supergroup, you’ll be working closely with rapidly growing cross-functional teams including Acquisition, Customer Core, etc. The Growth group also focuses on our website, how we sign up customers, and parts of our app experience.
Like the rest of Zip, this group is exceptionally fast-paced, but understands the importance of slowing down to better understand our customers, their drivers and how we can build them the best Zip experiences.
As the Lead UX Designer for our Growth division, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead the group’s design direction, supporting designers in the group
- Manage two designers in the team
- Use design thinking around problem definition through to high-quality solutions
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into products useful and valuable for our millions of users
- Design flows and experiences that are simple, elegant, and delightful
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with PMs, engineers and researchers to oversee the user experience of a product, from conception to launch
We are looking for this contract to start in July.
What you'll bring to the team:
You will bring 5+ years of experience working in UX Design, with a portfolio of interaction and UX work that demonstrates your ability to solve customer problems and drive strong business outcomes. You will have a proven track record in driving end-to-end aspects of the design lifecycle and experience leading or coaching designers.
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know if there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip is a global ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ company that gives our millions of customers simpler and fairer ways to pay.
We are proud to be a global business built around our US and ANZ core markets working with merchant partners including Amazon, Best Buy, eBay and Uber. United by our mission, purpose and values - Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together & Change The Game - we are the next generation of payments, helping people across the globe to fearlessly take control of their financial future.
We are Zip, and we are just getting started.
We are a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.