Head of UX Design
What We’re Building
Flowcode is the offline to online company, building direct connections for brands and consumers. By unifying data-driven design with the latest in QR technology, Flowcode enables contactless connection with speed, security, and ease. Privacy compliant, ultra-fast scanning, and designed with intention, Flowcode is the number one trusted QR provider. Our companion product, Flowpage, organizes your digital footprint in one mobile-first landing page, creating a seamless experience to more deeply connect with audiences while tracking real-time analytics.
Paired together, our tech allows consumers and creators to connect the real world to the digital world instantly and magically.
Founded by the former CEO of AOL and President of Google Americas, we are a team of large company executives, startup founders, engineers, scientists, artists, and designers - who are all data obsessed. Flowcode is always looking to increase our potential as a company. We are focused on building a powerfully diverse workforce, not just because it is the right thing to do but because it expands the potential of our team exponentially.
About The Role
At Flowcode we believe in Empowered Product Teams combining product, engineering and design that work with autonomy to achieve successful outcomes for our business. As the Head of UX Design you will work with our product design team and partner with product and engineering to create intuitive products and user experiences across the platform, from how our users create experiences for their customers, to what those customers experience. You will also work closely with marketing, branding, and business stakeholders to ensure we have a first-rate experience for all users across our platform.
The Head of UX Design will oversee the problem spaces that touch all of the experiences across Flowcode, and help design and create intuitive product experiences for our creators (both B2B and B2C). In addition, we're seeking someone who's had experience optimizing the user experience for conversions and new user onboarding, as well as have scaled consumer-facing products. You are data-driven but operate with speed and intention; you couple robust testing with strong intuition and innate user empathy; and you constantly think about how your designs translate to retention and engagement. We have a "zero-click" design philosophy, so you should always be thinking about how to create experiences that actually keep our users on the platform for only as long as necessary.
Some of the things we'll be looking for:
- 5+ years' experience in a UX or Product Design role
- Experience in high-growth, fast-moving startup or work environments
- Experience designing intuitive enterprise SaaS products
- Track record of driving UX and site changes that resulted in measurable improvements (i.e. conversion, engagement, churn)
- Experience developing new-user onboarding flows
- Mobile-first perspective and a history of designing for multiple screen sizes
- Strong UI and visual design skills in addition to UX
- History contributing to lean but effective UX teams
- Ability to work with stakeholders within and beyond product and engineering, communicating design choices and explaining tradeoffs as needed
- Experience with Figma and Design Systems
About The Culture
At Flowcode, we consider our best product to be our people. We value a diverse workforce on all levels of our team which offers the opportunity to expand our knowledge exponentially and hear all perspectives. Our team is composed of engineers, artist’s, scientists, writers, designers and company executives who all share the common mission of efficiency, privacy and ease when it comes to our products and services. Our office, based in the heart of Soho, is available to all whenever. However, we emphatically believe in our employees working in any environment where they feel the most comfortable and productive.
Our company values guide our culture:
- Team Supreme: Our team is our #1 product. Our diversity is a consequence of excellence.
- Empower Creators: Creators are our friends (and customers). We create for creators, so they can create magic for the world.
- Be Scientific: We believe in data over opinions, testing over guessing, and results over hierarchy.
- Prioritize Impact: We invent technology that adds meaningful value. We attack big problems with scalable solutions.
- Undertalk/Overexecute: GSD. We'll stop talking.
- FlowMode: You got this. Find your flow.
* Applicants must be located within a commutable distance from the Flowcode office in SoHo.