We are searching for an exceptional Product Designer to join the Mindstone team. Reporting to Mindstone’s Senior Product Designer, this person will be instrumental in designing the overall look, feel, and experience of Mindstone. Ultimately design’s goal is to create a beautiful consumer product with a distinct personality, and this person is a key member of that team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an exceptionally strong Senior Product Designer & Chief Product Officer, visionary CEO, and excellent engineering team, to bring the Mindstone vision (a world where opportunity is restricted only by what you know and your willingness to learn, not by who you know or where you came from) to life.
- Be able to execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Help to set the design requirements and create UX flows, ensuring they are kept up to date.
- Support the creation and maintenance of the design system
- Participate in product strategy sessions including being able to present and explain your design decisions to stakeholders.
- Alongside the Chief Product Officer & Senior Product Designer, translate research into ideas and designs that create real value for the user.
- Assist in conducting continuous customer discovery, including user interviews, surveys, and prototype testing.
- Proactively conduct user research to understand specific and general pain points, then developing fast (and sometimes more complex) innovative ideas to combat the issue. Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and visual designs and effectively communicate your interaction ideas.
- Apply and refine the visual identity of the brand across the website and application, building on the existing style guide created by the Senior Product Designer, ensuring there is a simple process and guide that Engineers can follow for some feature development, without high resolution designs.
- Support the marketing team with visual assets for growth and social media work.
Skills & Background
- Strong UI design skills with a good portfolio
- Experience as a Product Designer (UI and UX) in a VC-backed startup is a big plus.
- A drive to build something that hasn’t been built before.
- Someone who can execute and produce beautiful designs and prototypes in Figma.
- Preferably, your experience is geared toward consumer facing digital products. However, we welcome any portfolio for consideration.
- We do not expect illustration as a skill but we’d love for this person to have a sophisticated eye for authenticity, on brand photography and videos.
- You are process driven, highly organised, and comfortable using platforms to collaborate and manage your own work.
- Experience with UI animations is a plus.
- Up-to-date with the latest in UI/UX
- 30 minute call with Mindstone’s COO, Romanie
- Interview with Mindstone’s Chief Product Officer, Melinda
- Interview with Mindstone’s Senior Product Designer, Oana and technical Co-Founders, Florian & Stefan
- Fully remote (must be based within 2 hours of the UK for the best collaboration).
- Regular in person meets: every 8 weeks either to Portugal or London.
- Highly flexible, autonomous environment, treated like a grown up.
- This role is part-time.
- You're given a VR headset when you start - we do retros & kick-off meetings in VR.
- 25 days holiday per year.
- £55,000 FTE