Posted 23 days ago
Apply for this job
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
We are seeking a director to lead our digital product design team. In this role, you will be responsible for the full Fanatics Collectibles portfolio of digital products, leading the team defining end-to-end experiences and design processes for industry-leading direct-to-consumer and business-to-business platforms. This person will have an equal passion for tackling complex ecommerce and content experiences, as they do leading and mentoring a team of product designers. The director must be skilled at each stage of a customer-centric design process and have a demonstrated ability of managing designers as they create experiences that are both attractive and intuitive. You will play a critical role in evangelizing digital design and establishing the product and design team cultures. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable in a matrixed environment with a demonstrated ability to communicate design strategy clearly and manage executive stakeholders.
- Inspire, mentor and manage a talented team of product designers.
- Partner with senior business, engineering and product leaders to inform future roadmaps and convert vision into reality
- Own development, delivery and communication of design requirements
- Establish a culture of research- and data-based design decision-making and incorporate data gathered through user research, customer service and sales to ensure the customer’s voice is incorporated into the designs
- Lead design-focused brainstorming sessions with and present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Build design toolkit that can be used by engineering teams to bootstrap new experiences
- Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet changing customer preferences
- 8+ years of product design experience working creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices for complex products. Experience in an ecommerce environment is a plus.
- Experience managing design teams and hiring for a variety of design roles
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- A well-rounded portfolio of client work, demonstrating a strong understanding of client objectives and design sense
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- An intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to deliver under deadline
$200,000 - $230,000 a year
The salary range for this position is $200,000- $230,000 which represents base pay only and does not include short-term or long-term incentive compensation. When determining base pay, as part of a final compensation package, we consider several factors such as location, experience, qualifications, and training.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.