UX / UI Web Designer
Posted 10 days ago
Apply for this job
Granicus is the leading provider of citizen engagement technologies and services for the public sector, bringing governments closer to the people they serve with the first-and-only Civic Engagement Platform. Granicus works with more than 5,500 government organizations and connects more than 280 million people in the largest Citizen Subscriber Network of its kind.
As a Web Designer at Granicus, you’ll take the lead in working with clients to conduct UX research, use that research to solve existing challenges, lead ideation workshops to define the layout and functionality of the website, and finalize beautiful, user-centered visual designs for websites built using our CMS platforms. Web designers work closely with broader project teams including QA, project management and web developers to deliver high-impact designs that exceed client expectations.
Deep knowledge of user-centered design, prioritization skills, attention to detail, versatility, and enthusiasm for client success are cornerstones for this role. The ideal candidate loves working with clients to bring them along for the creative process and knows how to be an advocate for user-centered best practice in conversations with non-designers.
Candidates should bring a consultative approach and a "whatever it takes" attitude to ensure client success.
What You Will Do:
• Produce high-quality visual designs (page layouts; templates) that strike a balance between stakeholder needs and usability for end-users while accounting for the peculiarities of designing for the web - i.e. responsive screen sizes, changing content, performance, and accessibility
• Facilitate conversations and UX/design workshops with clients to move them through a mature design process
• Clearly communicate user-centered methods and their value to non-designers
• Deliver design presentations throughout the design life cycle with the ability to clearly articulate the rationale behind design decisions and facilitate decision-making by stakeholders
• Work in partnership with the other designers at Granicus to contribute to and refine our design systems with enhanced components, joyful interactions, and improved processes
• Give partners and peers advice they need to hear versus what they want to hear, in a manner that respects their intelligence and experience
• Collaborate with the operations team (QA, project managers, development) to understand problems and achieve solutions
• Develop UX deliverables, including but not limited to analytics reports, user testing, survey reports and low fidelity wireframes that support established interaction patterns, information architecture and user workflows
• Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
What You Bring and Traits You Have:
• 3-5 years of graphic design experience
• 3-5 years of experience designing for web
• 1-2 years of experience with UX design
• Expertise using Adobe XD, Figma, Photoshop or similar software
• Familiar with Microsoft Power Point
• Strong command of color theory, image composition, and typography
• A clear understanding of web design fundamentals and systems, such as interface style guides, responsive design, grid systems, and front-end frameworks
• Knowledge of Industry trends and best practices for web interfaces
• Strong foundation in usability and accessibility of UI design
• Strong knowledge of interaction design and methodology
• Solid understanding of user research and user centered design
• Proven experience working with a team to iterate and implement projects
• Demonstrated ability to take a project from concept to launch
• Exceptional communication abilities, effectively summarizing results to create a compelling case for user-centered design decisions
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy – in thinking and execution
• A creative approach to problem solving and aptitude for analyzing constraints and strategizing for better solutions
• A strong online portfolio showcasing design work for the web - must be able to provide 3-5 examples of work
Note: Candidates selected for interviews will be given a skills assessment task. This is a six-month contractor role.
Nice to have:
• Experience working with local or state US government, non-profits, or in GovTech
• Experience designing for content management systems
• Degree in a related field such as Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design or Industrial Design
Security Requirement: Responsible for “Company” information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of “Company” information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer-paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office-based employees
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.