Lume is a 5-year-old fast growing ecommerce deodorant and personal care brand that’s transforming the way that humans do hygiene. We joined forces with Harry’s, another disruptive brand with great people and infrastructure, to accelerate our growth. We are a team of self-starters that roll up our sleeves and get it done. Our style is collaborative and very fast-paced so an adaptive personality is a must.
We recently entered Target stores nationwide and launched a men’s brand called Mando.
We’re excited to add a Digital + UX/UI Designer to the team! This is a hybrid role for a Digital Designer who also has a passion for UX/UI. We are looking for someone who is highly adaptable, detail-oriented and is able to work in a fast-paced startup environment!
- Lead marketplace and website creative for Lume and Mando product launches and updates with conversion being top of mind
- Mentor a digital production designer
- Work within brand guidelines to execute layouts and generate optimized assets that reinforce Lume’s brand voice through its digital touchpoints
- Be a key player in ideation and review meetings with designers, marketers and copywriters
- Create template files that are set up for increased productivity and ease of maintenance
- Create and upload to-spec optimized assets to marketplace content management systems
- Retouch and edit all forms of imagery as needed
- Edit all forms of vectors and illustrations as needed
- Work closely to support our UX/UI design manager to conceptualize and execute website redesigns and new features for the Mando brand
- Create polished, development-ready web comps and prototypes
- Help maintain and evolve design system
- Work cross functionally with brand creative, performance marketing, product management, engineering and user research
- Perform quality assurance on creative, copy and download speed
- Quickly pivots in light of changing business needs and technical constraints
- Demonstrate effective project management and organizational skills required to generate creative assets under tight deadlines
Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic or communication design
- 4+ years of experience in ecommerce
- 5+ years of experience in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop
- 2+ years experience in Figma
- 2+ years experience with ecommerce marketplace platforms such as Amazon A+ or similar
- Strong understanding of core graphic design principles: layout, hierarchy, color and typography and how it applies to the web
- Balances creative with business requirements and technical feasibility
- Business and merchandising minded, conversion and performance oriented
- Iterates and rapidly explores various possibilities
- Possesses a keen eye for detail, craftsmanship and efficiency
- Understands responsive web design principles and limitations of the web
- Previous experience in design systems
- Familiar with usability and accessibility best practices
- Familiar with or an interest in content strategy, information architecture, web copy editing and UX writing
- Performed quality assurance or user acceptance testing
- Project management software such as Jira or ClickUp
- Able to communicate design rationale and takes constructive criticism to heart with a willingness to improve
- Ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to be delegated tasks but can also work autonomously or with minimal supervision, frequently goes above and beyond
- Proactive and a self-starter, seeks out clarity in the face of ambiguities
- Low ego and a can do attitude team player, is flexible and pivots gracefully
- Sense of humor and the ability to have fun doing what you love
- Bonus points
- Beauty or CPG experience
- Basic HTML/CSS coding
- Animation/motion graphics
- Adobe Substance or similar 3D software
Please provide a current portfolio that demonstrates a thorough understanding of responsive web design with a modern design aesthetic and skillful use of core graphic design principles.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Lume/Harry's is registered and able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized and able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $80,000-$95,000, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.
Lume is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.