Liferay, Inc. is a B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ people all over the world. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. We’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
“Supposing is good, but finding out is better.” — ?Mark Twain. Supposing is useful to generate ideas, but research leads us to validate or refute these ideas; leads us to base our designs on data, and therefore drive them to excellence.
The Design research team works closely with the product teams, driving their designs towards excellence by offering them real data on which they can base their improvements.
You will be a key player in the growth of research at Liferay. Therefore, we expect you to be highly motivated to learn and grow professionally as a researcher while making the company's research processes grow and improve.
- Within 30 days: you will familiarize with the company's products, services and teams, especially the Design division and product teams. You will understand our Research Department's modus operandi (methodologies, processes, tools) as well as our designer roles. You will get to know the Design team and establish professional relationships.
- By 60 days: you will effectively use our Research Department's modus operandi. You will participate in at least two research projects in research projects that arise during that time and contribute to the analysis and presentation of results.
- By 90 days: you will work autonomously on at least two research projects from start to finish with the supervision of a mentor. You willI identify opportunities for improvement in the research process and propose solutions.
- At 6 months, your accomplishments will be: working autonomously at the associate level (with the support of a mentor), supporting research functions at an appropriate level, contributing to the implementation of process improvements and demonstrating to be a reliable collaborator and a valuable member of the research team with a consistent commitment to excellence in research.
- Advanced level of English, spoken and written communication to interact with a wide range of roles in the product teams
- Knowledge of design principles
- Strong understanding of the different UX Research methodologies
- Demonstrated passion for UX and research
- Ability to adapt to challenges and thrive in any environment, as well as the ability to learn from mistakes, constantly seeking growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, Human Science, and/or Computing Science
- Experience using tools such as Maze, Dovetail, Optimal Workshop, and UserTesting
- Proficiency in modern design tools. We use Figma — you don’t need to have experience with it, but you’ll need to learn it quickly so a track record of tool competency is helpful.
- Experience with data analysis tools such as Excel or SPSS
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.