Senior UX Designer
Our Story: Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving more than 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recognized as one of the best places to work, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
We are looking for a versatile Senior UX Designer to join the Kira product team (part of Litera Transact family) to iterate on our AI-Powered M&A Due Diligence product for lawyers. You will work through the full cycle design process, including user research to uncover and document user needs, scoping out design requirements, ideation, prototyping, creating design flows, and testing and iterating quickly.
All our UX Designers work as members of cross-functional “pods” where they collaborate closely with a product manager & developers to fully own their product roadmap, metrics, and add value for our customers. Designers also collaborate outside the pods with our Customer Value and Sales teams to facilitate workshops, lead co-creation activities, and contribute to our wider strategy. You’ll join a growing team of professionals with different backgrounds that are passionate about solving complex problems.
A Day in the Life: You’ll be leading the end-to-end design process on your pod, from discovery to delivery.
- Strive to understand users through customer feedback, research findings, & analytics
- Partner with product managers & developers to provide input on our roadmap by advocating for user needs
- Plan and facilitate workshops for the pod using design thinking & sprint principles
- Collaboratively scope and phase each feature into smaller slices of value and evaluate feasibility from a design perspective
- Explore and experiment with various design options within constraints
- Collaborate with UX researchers to observe feedback sessions and do usability testing for your own designs
- Create compelling flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and UI mockups while keeping in mind the overall architecture and experience of the system.
- Ensure designs are well documented for developers, answer questions around edge cases, and tweak things as needed during a release cycle
- Ensure your pod is delivering thoughtful and delightful user experiences
- Involved in post-launch testing to continue iterating on enhancements
- Contribute to our Design System for the overall success and coherence of the product
- Be an advocate and educator for good design practices within Kira
- Stay up to date with useful design tools and industry best practices
- Share your work with the pod and the broader Kira & Litera team
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete our designer onboarding process
- Meet your team and learn the nuts and bolts of our business, and where we’re going
- Familiarize yourself with our product and attend training sessions presented by your peers to start collaborating on features with your pod
Within 3 months, you will:
- Work closely with your team on day-to-day design tasks
- Unblock teammates and ensure progress is being made smoothly
- Communicate and present solutions to stakeholders
- Get involved with building regular processes and participate in ideation & feedback sessions with the team
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure smooth implementation
Within 6-12 months, you will:
- Feel ownership and accountability over your sections of our product, and have a good understanding of user’s pain points and the market
- Feel comfortable leading discovery for new ideas and help with strategic planning
- Potentially have the chance to work on other products
- 2-4 years experience as a Product Designer. Ideally, you have been a part of a Saas team that has shipped a successful digital product. Bonus points for B2B.
- A strong understanding of the end-to-end design process from user research, to wireframing and prototyping Fluency with Tools like Figma or Sketch & Invision
- Customer-Centric: You have empathy for users and show willingness to understand their point of view through research and usability testing
- Data-Driven: You’ve interacted directly with users of your products and can learn quickly from feedback or from your mistakes
- Comfortable with Ambiguity: You can adapt to new situations quickly, and help surface problems & solutions through a strategic lens. We are shaping the future, you may encounter unknown behaviours or use cases.
- Self Starter: You take initiative, own your projects and help define problems
- Excellent Communicator: You can clearly articulate your ideas + think behind your decisions to stakeholders (verbal, written, or in visual formats)
- Champions Collaboration: You are a team player who enjoys collaborating with others.
- Passion for learning and a mindset of continuous improvement
- Bonus: Technical knowledge of APIs, integrations, and a working understanding of front-end development would be a huge asset
What Sets Us Apart?
- Work with a team that has a proven track record.
- Our company's growth will challenge and encourage you to broaden your skills.
- Generous allocation of paid time off, and flexible work hours.
- Available merit-based cash bonus plan.
- Comprehensive medical coverage and Employee Assistance Program
- Many opportunities for rewards and recognition!