Apply for this job
What are you looking for in your next company? An open, collaborative, and friendly culture? An opportunity to support a growing research practice and see the impact of your work first-hand? A place to develop your skills and explore several facets of research and research operations? If you’re ready to grow and flex your research muscle, we have some great things to talk about.
We’re looking for an Associate UX Researcher to join our team who is eager to capture the value of our research insights and help evolve our research operations.
When you join our team, you’ll collaborate with a research partner, designers, product managers, and software engineers to build the future of Hearsay. Your role will be to take part in the research and design process, from enabling our teams to operate research to executing research plans, analyzing findings, and documenting insights.
About Hearsay Systems
Founded in 2009, Hearsay Systems is the trusted global leader in digital client engagement for financial services. Our Client Engagement Platform empowers over 225,000 advisors and agents to proactively guide and capture the last mile of digital communications in a compliant manner. The world’s leading financial firms—including BlackRock, Charles Schwab, Morgan Stanley and New York Life—rely on Hearsay’s compliance-driven platform to scale their reach, optimize sales engagements, grow their business and deliver exceptional client service.
We are a tight-knit and dedicated team that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products help advisors and agents compliantly scale personalized customer engagements across social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), websites, text, and voice.
Hearsay is headquartered in San Francisco, with globally distributed teams throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Hearsay is backed by Sequoia Capital, NewView Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
- Recruiting, scheduling and managing research participants across studies
- Ingesting research data into our research repository from a variety of sources
- Documenting and socializing research insights
- Assist in standardizing research processes, documenting and socializing to the team
- Collaborating with a research partner to design qualitative research studies
- Partnering with designers to operate research projects including planning and documentation
- Conducting research, including interviews, usability studies, and other relevant methods
- Partnering with designers to synthesize research and identify insights
- 1 year of experience applying UX research methodologies, including internships or professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to extract actionable insights from complex or disorganized information and identify patterns
- User-first mindset — lots of empathy, advocacy, and a passionate drive to do what's right
- Desire to contribute to all aspects of the research process, including research operations, hands-on qualitative research, cross-team collaboration
- Eagerness to apply our core value of “Kaizen” (continuous self improvement) to our research practices to spot opportunities to improve our processes and create efficiency for our team
- Understanding of how research, data and instinct play into decision making in design
- Keen interest for learning/participating in user-centered design processes
- Ability to coordinate projects from start to finish
- Fluent in conversational and written English
It is a plus if you have:
- Completed a field of study focused on UX research, including bootcamp or a degreed programs
- Experience working with or being part of an agile product development team
- Experience with public speaking, presenting or moderating group discussions
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: Hearsay values and welcomes diversity in all forms. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and interview process, please contact us at: email@example.com.