Do you get a sense of satisfaction from crafting seamless user experiences? In this role you will help us towards our aim of making Dayshape the most beautiful, intuitive, and useful product on the market. As part of our product design team, you will enjoy the opportunity to invest in your career development in a values-driven culture that welcomes new ideas.
We’re an award-winning enterprise software scale-up with high ambitions for growth.
Dayshape is an intelligent planning platform that allows professional services firms to coordinate their workforce in a way that boosts productivity and profitability, while also improving people’s working lives by providing clarity and empowerment. Our customers include prestigious firms from the Big Four and global top 10 in accounting.
As a company, we live our values every day and we're committed to making sure our friendly and inclusive environment grows with us.
Working closely with our Tech Leads and Product Managers, you will be leading the creative thinking of how we design the best experience for our users and shaping our overall design strategy. We are looking for someone who can balance pragmatism and design artistry to deliver a product that our customers will love. Key responsibilities include:
- Complete research, meeting with internal and external stakeholders and using available data, to understand user journeys and inform feature requirements from a user experience perspective.
- Prioritise and plan a design requirement backlog and lay out the timelines/process for feature design.
- Combine design thinking with execution by directing and working with other product designers to translate requirements into design mock-up's, wireframes & prototypes.
- Iterating designs quickly by sketching out concepts using software tools such as Miro, Figma and Axure, to quickly gather feedback from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of our product and user personas.
- Be able to quickly grasp the complex processes and user journeys we work with daily to support the design process and develop the user experience for our customers.
- Create and promote design guidelines and standards across the product.
- Own our design system and enable rapid development by codifying and maintaining the visual language for engineers to follow.
- Be responsible for the quality assurance of design, reviewing and testing designs and developed features against interaction and visual design specifications.
- Proactive in driving change (as you see fit) to boost the quality of our product’s user experience.
- Partner with Product Managers to monitor feedback for recently release features.
- A natural problem solver who enjoys understanding complex user journeys and creating visual solutions from design concept through to a live Enterprise application
- Able to see the big picture and collaborate across a wide team of software engineers, other designers and product managers
- A pragmatist who balances progress and artistry and isn’t shy in delivering a dose of realism
- Passionate about mentoring and developing others in the design team
- Comfortable with uncertainty and enjoys working within an ambiguous environment where we don’t have established ways of working, but willing to get stuck in to define these processes for the future
- Strong design documentation skills e.g. wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Able to flex between quick and scrappy lo-fi and polished hi-fi wireframes depending on the situation
- Competent working with UI/UX software tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer)
- Well-versed in Design Thinking and Practice theory
- Experienced with complex enterprise software and able to quickly grasp new concepts
- Knowledge of Digital Accessibility best practices and tooling
- Enjoys the challenge of working at pace and iterating designs quickly
- Strong and supportive communicator, presenter and collaborator, who is able to consider the broader impact of your design
- Able to lead and influence others
- Foundation level knowledge in HTML and CSS, helping you to communicate effectively with the software engineers
- Motivated by learning new things and using those to make a positive difference
- Great at asking awkward questions, kindly
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked in/with the professional services industry
- Have worked with complex financial and/or project management software
- Come with experience of working in a fast-paced agile working environment
What you’ll get
- Salary between £45,000 to £55,000, depending on experience
- At least £1,000 per year to spend on professional and personal development
- 33 days' holiday per year (including bank holidays), increasing by 1 day each year to a maximum of 40 days
- Paid four week sabbatical in your fifth anniversary year on top of your holiday entitlement
- Private healthcare and rewards through Vitality
- Income protection and death in service cover
- Matched 5% auto-enrolment workplace pension scheme
- EMI options as part of our employee share options scheme
- Access to wellbeing offerings, such as our Employee Assistance Programme and a dedicated counselling service
- Innovation Week twice a year - a chance to experiment and work off-project
- Weekly All Hands meeting for inspiration and over-communication
- Time out of the working week for team socials each month, with a mix of in-person and virtual options: past events include hiking, family BBQs, online games, D&D, and at-home cocktail classes!
- Genuinely nice, smart people to work with, who are excited about growing our company
We are open to this being a full-time role (5 days, 37.5 hours per week) or part time role. We typically work from 09:00 - 17:30, though we’re happy to be flexible around this. If you’d like a flexible working arrangement, please just let us know in your application.
Our office is in Edinburgh City Centre. We're making the most of hybrid working, so you won't need to come into the office everyday (unless you want to!). There will be meetings and workshops in the office, so you'll need to be able to come into the office occasionally. We're ideally looking for somebody in/near Edinburgh, but if you live further afield and are comfortable with occasional office visits, we'd love to see your application.
Join the team!
Equality of opportunity is more than just a responsibility: we believe it’s a huge advantage to welcome a variety of experiences and perspectives into the team. Diversity is a great asset and, as such, we strongly encourage applications from any background.
This is your opportunity to really influence how we get things done. We’re doing well, but there’s lots more to do in order to maintain the high bar and pace that we’ve set.
Everyone here is growing personally as the company grows, so if that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to see your application.
The deadline for applications is the 30th June 2023.