At Edelman Financial Engines (EFE), we believe everyone deserves to move their financial life forward!
We know that assets have the power to fund goals. Those numbers represent individual lifetimes filled with hard work and dreams for our clients and generations to follow. Our clients trust us to guide them forward with empathy, integrity and invention. We uphold that same standard of respect and commitment for clients and colleagues alike.
Founded on the idea that financial education is a?fundamental right for everyone, Edelman Financial Engines continues to grow and challenge the status quo. We’re moving forward, together. If our purpose-driven commitment inspires you, we invite you to consider joining our team.
As a Senior UX Writer within Product & Technology, you’ll play a pivotal role on our growing UX team by conceptualizing solutions that grow our business and delight our customers. You'll partner with designers, product managers and engineers to understand business objectives and customer needs. You'll craft copy that communicates the right message and helps our audience smoothly navigate their way through our ecosystem of services.
Taking a design-led approach you’ll want to dig deeply into the problems and opportunities in front of you. You'll leverage data and research where possible and apply yourself creatively but mindful of consistency for our audience. You'll find opportunities to continuously improve user journeys, product adoption, feature utilization, product/program performance, and customer satisfaction.
In addition to your desire to apply your content skills, we are also looking for a candidate to complement the rest of our UX team. You'll establish relationships, educate others, provide thought leadership and drive initiatives. If you are a creative problem solver and an advocate for the use of technology within the financial industry, this role is for you.
- Build positive relationships with researchers, product managers, engineers, and designers to understand requirements and objectives, writing copy that satisfies all the defined criteria for success across all our digital experiences.
- Participate deeply within the design process, our expectation is you are not just writing copy but playing a key role in all aspects of developing solutions, bringing a strong point of view about the value of language as part of the interface.
- Lead initiatives that help create consistency across our entire product suite, including developing content strategies, style guides, systems, principles, and repeatable processes.
- Present and advocate your thinking to partners, explaining a rationale for decisions and expressing a compelling, data-driven, narrative around the why of your decision making.
- Work across teams to make sure that brand and marketing messages are accurately reflected within our products and that all writing feels unified.
- 5+ years of proven experience writing for products and interfaces
- Excellent grasp of a user centered design process, design thinking, interaction design
- Experience collaborating within tools like Confluence, Miro and Figma
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating a variety of writing styles and demonstration of a problem / user centered approach
- Ability to work in an agile environment and influence and collaborate across the organization, at all levels.
- Experience within a financial services organization, personal finance and wealth management a plus
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interests of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personal, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisory firm, recognized by Barron’s,1 with 145+ offices2 across the country and entrusted by more than 1.3 million clients to manage more than $242 billion in assets.3 Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated personal financial planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
For more information, please visit EdelmanFinancialEngines.com.
© 2023 Edelman Financial Engines, LLC. Edelman Financial Engines® is a registered trademark of Edelman Financial Engines, LLC. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C., a federally registered investment advisor. Results are not guaranteed. See EdelmanFinancialEngines.com/patent-information for patent information. AM2789819
For California residents, please see the link for the Privacy Notice for Candidates. California law requires that we provide you this notice about the collection and use of your personal information. Please read it carefully.
Edelman Financial Engines encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy; marital, domestic partner or civil union status; national origin, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic heritage, genetic information, age, legally recognized disability, military service or veteran status.
Accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process.?If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request one at any time by either contacting your recruiter or HRQ@EdelmanFinancialEngines.com.
1 The Barron’s 2022 Top 100 RIA Firms list, a seven-year ranking of independent advisory firms, is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed by the firms, technology spending, staff diversity, succession planning and other metrics. Firms elect to participate but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Ranking awarded each September based on data within a 12-month period. Compensation is paid for use and distribution of the rating. Investor experience and returns are not considered. The 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services, LLC, which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of 12th.
2 Edelman Financial Engines data, as of Dec. 31, 2022.
3 Edelman Financial Engines data, as of Dec. 31, 2022.