MoCaFi is committed to building a financial services platform that helps America’s marginalized communities create wealth through better access to public, private, and social capital. We are a fintech built for government and non-profit organizations committed to creating finance for all. Our platform is a turnkey digital banking solution for delivering cash payments, deposit accounts, and wealth empowerment tools at the city, state, and federal levels.
MoCaFi has distributed over $100M in guaranteed basic income, cash assistance, emergency rental assistance, and emergency utility payments in over a dozen municipalities. We are led by a diverse team of finance, engineering, and startup professionals committed to closing America’s racial wealth gap. We offer FDIC-insured bank accounts, municipal-funded disbursement cards, and financial empowerment services directly to consumers and through our public and private sector partners.
About the Role
MoCaFi is looking for a highly motivated and proactive UX/UI Designer to join the Product team. This position will assist in the continuing growth of MoCaFi products.
In this role, you will work closely with Product, Marketing, and Technology to bring business goals to life. You’ll encounter opportunities that may require you to think outside the box to solve complex problems that will serve our customers. You will build, test, and validate new and engaging tools. Also, you will work constantly to enhance products to improve the user experience.
Additionally, in this role this individual will attend meetings and hash out minute details around prototypes and metrics. There will be questionable ideas to test and validate (or not!) and last-minute deadlines. These are equally important--and we thrive in the hustle to deliver an unparalleled product for our clients and customers. The pay is $33-39/hour.
- You enjoy the challenge of creating seamless user experiences by understanding user behavior through data and research.
- You’re passionate about designing user-friendly experiences by understanding user journeys and pain points.
- You thrive with creativity when faced with ambiguity and technical limitations.
- You make daunting tasks approachable and enjoyable.
- You love to build, test, and iterate.
- You have the desire to build, collaborate and develop strong and positive team relationships.
- You are inquisitive and unafraid to ask questions!
- Help drive the design and product process - from early vision concepts to wireframes, to visual design, and onto pixel-perfect delivery.
- Feedback-happy: able to comfortably and articulately give and receive criticism to improve from there
- Managing design files by keeping them up-to-date and ensuring the latest version is shown across all internal platforms
- Contribute and leverage our evolving design system
- Create presentations and sharable materials for our internal team
- Conduct competitive research and analysis
- Keep up-to-date with industry standards and best practices
- Identify tools, templates, and techniques that evolve existing approaches
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in Interaction, Information, Interface, Graphic or Human-centered Design
- Knowledge of prototyping software (Figma, Adobe XD, InVision, Zeplin etc…)
- Strong communication, written, and interpersonal skills
- Systems thinking
- Attention to detail, organization skills, strong work ethic, and ability to handle confidentiality
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team and produce quick concept designs & prototypes.
- Flexibility to iterate frequently, with a passion and drive for building best-in-class solutions and applications.
- Ability to influence others to support decisions.
- Comfortable working with engineering and product management teams to define and implement designs.
- An understanding of Design-thinking activities such as Personas, Journey Maps, Service Blueprints and User Research
- Existing knowledge of user-centered design methods and techniques
- Knowledge of accessibility design standards
- Must be a highly collaborative team player who will thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and organizational skills
*This is a completely remote contract position*
*Local and Remote candidates are encouraged to apply*
Why you'll love working here:
- An empowering workplace that values initiative and critical thinking
- Work on achieving our financial inclusion mission
- A supportive and inclusive culture: recognizes contributions and celebrates wins
- A welcoming environment that appreciates your bringing your entire self to work
- Time to rest and recharge -- flexible time off policy as long as you can get your job done and make arrangements with your manager to cover you if needed
MoCaFi believes all persons should have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment. This policy is without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital, or veteran status.