Location: Sweden remote (will not consider relocation)
Opera is a leading global web innovator with an engaged and growing base of hundreds of millions of monthly active users who seek a better internet experience. Building on over 25 years of innovation that started with browser products, Opera is now leveraging its brand and highly engaged user base to expand its business into new segments.
In 2019 Opera launched Opera GX, a browser for gamers, which started our venture into the game industry. Opera GX has since then become one of our fastest-growing and most successful products. Opera Gaming is a separate business unit within the company and consists of three essential products: Opera GX, GameMaker and GX.games. We are responsible for GX.games, the product between Opera GX and GameMaker.
Our Gothenburg office is a melting pot of genuine and friendly professionals from diverse backgrounds worldwide. Join our inclusive team on our mission to support game developers to find success.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the rest of the product team to create, maintain and improve the visual language and quality of the service and quickly deliver quality UI and visual assets in an iterative process.
- Participate actively in the ideation, prototyping and concept work, producing various visual assets.
- Join the team for the weekly meetings, discuss priorities and dependencies, and sync with other designers and developers who will implement your designs into the service.
- Attend creative workshops and sketch sessions and collaborate closely with other Opera Gaming teams.
- Proficient in creating visually compelling designs with a strong understanding of composition, color theory, typography, and layout.
- Proficient in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite and familiarity with prototyping tools like Figma.
- A solid understanding of UI design principles and the ability to create intuitive, user-friendly interfaces that enhance the overall user experience.
- Familiarity with developing and maintaining brand identities, including logo design, brand guidelines, and visual consistency across various platforms.
- A problem-solving mindset with the ability to apply design thinking methodologies to develop innovative and user-centered solutions.
- Understanding user research, wireframing, and usability testing methodologies is a plus.
- Genuine interest in game developers or creativities that want to make a living from their creative work online
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Opera diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We recognise that being diverse and inclusive makes us stronger as a business. Our aim is to attract, recruit and retain people who reflect the diverse nature of our business, clients, and communities regardless of nationality, ethnicity, faith, belief, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background, age, and disability.
A strong portfolio that showcases your design skills and experience is crucial to being a competitive candidate. Your portfolio should demonstrate your ability to create visually compelling designs, display various projects, and highlight your attention to detail and creativity. Providing a link to your portfolio or including examples of your work will significantly enhance your application and give us a deeper understanding of your design capabilities.
Today, Opera offers users around the world a range of products and services that include PC and mobile browsers, the newsreader Opera News, a Video Streaming Service Loomi, and apps committed to gaming, and sports. Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Spain, and Sweden, and a presence in many other countries. Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.