Apply for this job
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
Some of our global benefits include;
- Unlimited Holiday
- Pension matching up to 5%
- Employee assistance programme
- Udemy Online Learning
- Volunteer Days
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Scheme
- Private Medical with Bupa
- Bring your dog to work
- Adaptavist Rewards
About the role
The role of Lead UX Designer is a key role, acting as experienced hands-on designer whilst also spending a considerable amount of their time leading, mentoring and up skilling the Kolekti Business Unit focused team of UX Designers who work in a fully embedded fashion.
Kolekti is part of The Adaptavist Group. Kolekti wants to help modern workers to do the jobs they were hired for. That means less time wasted searching for information, fewer open tabs, and more space to focus on meaningful work. Kolekti has a portfolio of Confluence, Trello and monday.com apps and are in a growth phase with a number of exciting opportunities worked on by a close-knit, passionate team of product professionals.
What you'll be doing
- Work closely and effectively with Kolekti Business Unit leadership and wider UX Design and Research teams on a variety of different
- Build and support a culture of collaboration, empathy, curiosity and autonomy in the Kolekti UX Design team
- Align the UX Design embedded team to the strategic aims of the Kolekti Business Unit and contribute to UX Team activities when
- Guide and lead on priority setting for the UX Design Team in the Kolekti Business Unit
- Successfully hire and onboard new UX Design team members following HR best practices and requirements
- Coach others to seek and use data and insights to make informed UX decisions to ensure any new UX activity provides tangible value to
Kolekti Business Unit and is aligned with overall UX strategy for Kolekti
- Present and defend your design and leadership decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall UX roadmap, data
and research as well as fundamental UX principles
- Continually keep yourself, UX design team and Kolekti Business Unit updated with the latest changes and innovations in UX space as
well as adjacent Ecosystem activity.
- Contribute to and coach others to use wireframes, prototypes, sketches and user flows to effectively communicate your vision and
proposed solutions to project stakeholders all the way up to executive level.
- Contribute to various activities such as Usability, Prototype testing, Design System Build and maintenance, Design Preference Testing,
Interaction and flow, User and stakeholder interviews etc.
What we're looking for
- Proven experience within a similar seniority role
- Experience of managing and coaching individuals
- Strong practical UX design experience
- Full efficiency in tools like Figma, Maze and Dovetail
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards and user flows
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Being open to receiving objective feedback both from internal and external sources
- Ability to keep seeking the best possible solution with resources available
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!