Apply for this job
Why join Nextech?
We are a leader in specialty healthcare technology solutions, headquartered in Tampa, FL.
We are an ever-growing team, guided by our iCREATE values of Integrity, Collaboration, Respect, Empowerment, Accountability, Trust, and Excellence. We hold these values in high regard and are driven to succeed in all we do.
We’re committed to hiring and retaining talent, which is why we invest in our employees through competitive pay, a generous bonus structure, great healthcare, a comprehensive wellness program, and many other benefits.
If you are a software engineer, finance or accounting professional, customer support specialist, or a business development expert with a passion for healthcare technology (just to name a few), we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics are encouraged to apply. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role will work on design projects and set the vision across four SaaS-based EMR and practice management products to design modular front-end applications for both web and mobile platforms to improve the quality of the user experience and interface design. You will have a background in Ambulatory / Clinical Management systems and solid experience in a product management function. You are passionate about creating products that impact healthcare delivery and making a positive difference for both patients and healthcare workers. You thrive on working in a collaborative environment and feel empowered to contribute to the creativity of a highly dynamic team.
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
- Help conquer major obstacles for innovative, enterprise-level solutions by optimizing complex user workflows into simpler ones across the entire product life cycle and multiple product launches.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product owners and managers, developers, and stakeholders, to gather requirements and translate them into intuitive solutions that improve our healthcare experiences.
- Conduct user research, including user interviews, surveys, and usability testing, to gain insights into user needs, pain points, and behaviors, and incorporate these findings into thoughtful design decisions. This may include traveling to meet and talk with the practices that use our software to gain insight into how our products can thrive.
- Create wire frames, storyboards, user flows, journey mapping, process flows, interaction prototypes, and site maps to effectively communicate design concepts and solutions.
- Contribute to our shared design systems, style guides, and pattern libraries to ensure consistency and scalability across all products and platforms.
- Collaborate with the development team during implementation to ensure the fidelity of the final product matches the intended design and user experience.
- Act as a champion for user-centered design principles and advocate for the importance of UX/UI design within the organization.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in a UX/UI or Product Design role (or combination of).
- Strong portfolio showcasing a range of successful design projects, demonstrating expertise in user-centered design, information architecture, interaction design, and visual design. In order to be considered for this position, you must provide some examples of your work.
- Proficiency in industry-standard design tools for prototyping, interaction design and wireframing, such as Figma.
- Deep understanding of design principles, user experience best practices, and accessibility standards.
- Experience conducting user research, including user interviews, surveys, and usability testing, and the ability to translate findings into actionable design recommendations.
- Ability to take the lead and own one’s own tasks and projects from start to finish.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively present and articulate design decisions to stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Capable of working on multiple projects at a time with an understanding of where and how to focus your efforts accordingly.
- Experience with design systems, pattern libraries, and component-based design.
- Familiarity with Information Architecture (IA).
- Familiarity with Material UI and its design principles.
- Experience with designing enterprise level solutions for the healthcare industry.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development methodologies and experience working in an Agile environment.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- General office environment: Works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, air-conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels.
- Long-distance or air travel as needed – not to exceed 25% travel
- Periods of stress may occur.
- Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor.
- Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel.
- Employee Assistance Program with free counseling sessions available
- Flexible Time Off: take time off when you need it without worrying about available hours
- 10 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous annual bonus opportunity
- iCREATE Employee Recognition Program
- Insurance: Choice of Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Wellness Program including discounts on medical premiums
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Volunteer Time Off
- 100% Company-Paid Parental leave
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- 100% Company-Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Sponsored 529 College Savings Plan
- Corporate Discounts on Retail, Travel, and Entertainment
- Pet Insurance options