Apply for this job
CommonLit is a nonprofit EdTech organization dedicated to providing high-quality literacy instruction to low-income students and students of color to prepare them for success in college and careers. We operate a free online reading and writing program, www.commonlit.org, that is used by millions of teachers and students worldwide each month. We are a quickly growing team of passionate professionals - many of whom are former teachers. Our team is now over 100 full-time employees spread across ~30 states.
The UX Research Associate will support with the design, implementation, and synthesis of research aimed at better understanding our users’ experience and needs across various products.
While prior user research is not required for this position, there are a few characteristics that are good predictors of success in this role:
- You are fascinated by ideas and energized by solving student, teacher, and administrator problems.
- You have an inherent curiosity that drives you to uncover truths, even when they challenge your preconceptions or existing beliefs.
- You thrive in dynamic work environments where you are asked to take on projects and learn a lot in a short time.
- You are organized, detail-oriented, and prioritize your time efficiently.
- You quickly build rapport with others.
- Exceptional speaking, listening, and written communication skills
- Experience and/or significant interest in user research
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
- Experience working in/with communities of color
- Experience presenting to, mentoring, or coaching others
- 2+ years of teaching experience with a track record of leading students to success
The following experiences are appreciated and should be highlighted in a cover letter:
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of various user research projects
- Lead user interviews
- Present key research to key stakeholders across the organization
- Manage participant outreach for teams across the organization
- Maintain systems to organize participant responses, recordings, and transcripts
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary is $65,000-$70,000, commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include health, dental, vision, 401K, commuter benefits, company holidays, parental leave, sick leave, personal leave
Apply by Friday, July 14, 2023 by submitting your resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should explain why you are a good candidate for the role, and the special skills that you would bring to the CommonLit team.
The interview process will involve multiple rounds. In Round 1 candidates will be asked to join an initial call to meet a member of the product team. In Round 2 candidates will complete a short application task involving incorporating a round of feedback. During the final round candidates will interview with multiple teams.
As an equal opportunity employer, CommonLit values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.