Who we are, what we do & why we do it
We are Dext. Our suite of tools makes accountants more productive, profitable and powerful. In doing so we give them back the most precious commodity, time, which they can then use to add greater value to their clients.
Accountants and bookkeepers are the backbone of every successful business. For more than a decade we’ve empowered our partners with innovative technology solutions to make businesses better. Dext allows them to meet the challenges they face today, tomorrow and in the future.
We are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer with a passion for creating best-in-class app experiences across both iOS and Android. The core focus will be to review and redesign the existing Dext mobile app based on customer insights from UX research and data, and multiple Jobs To Be Done (JTBD). The outcome will be a delightful product-based, feature-rich mobile app that seamlessly integrates with Dext products on web.
This role sits within the Design and Research Team which encompasses UX Research, UX Design, UI Design and UX Content. Our mission within the Design and Research team is to use our collective expertise to represent our users, explore opportunities and solve complex problems that enable our customers to be efficient, profitable and happy while using our products. We have a clear vision of being a diverse and collaborative team of experts, creating experiences users ‘love to need’ in a business at the forefront of FinTech innovation.
The Role (what you’ll do)
- Work collaboratively within the Mobile value stream alongside UX Research, Product Managers, Engineers and other key stakeholders.
- Using data and insights from various sources to understand user behaviours and mental models of the mobile apps to inform the continuous development of the new app
- Confident in all areas of the design process, collaborating with your team to define problem statements, through ideation, prototyping, testing and constructing experiences.
- Overhaul the experience and design of Dext’s existing app using mobile best practices and design patterns
- Ability to confidently manage stakeholders of all levels, fostering alignment by running various problem-solving and alignment activities through workshops and collaborative meetings.
- Setting up and running usability tests of the designs you create, iterating and applying learnings
- Produce timely, scalable and high-quality UX solutions by taking problems through the entire design process. From participating in design research and defining problem statements, through ideation, prototyping, testing and constructing experiences using our Design System.
About you (what we are looking for):
- User-focussed, ensuring evidence-based, data-driven approaches to design and delivery.
- Specialise in and have a deep working experience of mobile apps, with a portfolio of examples that demonstrate your experience with end-to-end product design.
- Comfortable leading design within a value stream, working alongside product management and engineering leadership for that area.
- Have a deep understanding of how to tailor mobile apps for different user types and their needs using mobile design patterns and best practices for both iOS and Android
- Act as a strong advocate for user experience throughout the product design process.
- You will be responsible for the quality and coherency of your area’s execution across the mobile apps, products and touchpoints they deliver to.
- Work with the broader product teams to estimate, plan and sequence work based on business objectives, opportunities and impact.
- Extensive experience in the fintech industry, preferably working in banking for a challenger bank
What Success Looks Like
- Continually supporting the effort of identifying opportunities and resolving issues by working with various stakeholders across the business including Product Managers, UX Designers, Product Marketers and Pricing Teams.
- Playing a crucial role in educating colleagues on conventions, UXR best practices and user behaviours and making sure that these are considered in the decision-making process at all stages of the project.
- Demonstrates the ability to think about the wider impact of this work and its impact on future iterations (future-proofing)
What you’ll bring
- Ability to demonstrate the process and outcome of the evidence-based approach that you’ve employed on previous projects
- You are regarded as an expert in designing products for mobile apps including seamless integration with web
- Excellent collaboration skills, working well with ux team and cross-functional teams
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Actively build supportive relationships that are conducive to collaboration, peer development, and trust.
- Ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative research from various sources to deliver actionable design recommendations.
- Know how to demonstrate user needs and how this impacts the business from a commercial context to stakeholders
- Experience using design tools such as Figma, Miro or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years experience working on mobile apps
- We don’t expect a formal degree, but your depth and domain of knowledge is equivalent to that of a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science, Graphic Design or similar.
- Strategic-minded and creative thinker
- Good planning and time management
- Proactive and takes responsibility for own work seeking help when needed
- Ability to communicate a story or idea in a way that’s engaging
- Self-motivated, fun, entrepreneurial and endlessly curious
- Values continuous development of the process, self and peers
- Actively seeks to be knowledgeable of the latest industry trends.
Preferable, but not necessary
- Experience using data tools such as FullStory, Mixpanel and Looker
- Saas platform experience
What you will be a part of:
We are a highly ambitious, innovative, market-leading FinTech. We are a global, well-funded business but have the dexterity and pace of a scale-up. We are uncompromising in our desire to achieve our best, day-in day-out, and we have three clear values which guide everything we do:
Be Brave - Everyone in the company has a voice to challenge ideas and the status quo.
Be Exceptional - We set high standards for ourselves. We aim to be exceptional at what we do.
Be Together - We are one team. There is no such thing as individual success without team success.