Apply for this job
As a Junior Product Designer, you will be embedded within a cross functional squad within our Customer Experience mission. You will be responsible for all aspects of UX and UI for your squad with support from the CX Lead, who you will report into. Designers at Moneybox are accountable for every feature they design - launching features which touch all of our customers. You will work alongside other designers at a range of levels and collaboratively with Product Managers and Developers in a lean environment.
You must have at least 1 years of experience (ideally in a product-led organisation), a portfolio demonstrating your UX design process and visual design of digital products and features for native apps or web. You should have an interest in technology, an eye for detail and a desire to learn on the go and think on your feet.
All applications must include a copy/link to your portfolio.
What you'll do
- This role will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Full stack product design, taking responsibility for all aspects of the feature you design - with a focus on making the product easy-to-use and magical.
- You will work directly with the product, insights and engineering teams to understand the user base, business needs, related requirements and technical constraints.
- You will report directly to the CX Lead for your mission and be based in the London office on a hybrid basis (2 days per week in the office).
- You’ll have weekly 1-2-1 sessions with your line manager to encourage development and growth.
- Have a deep understanding of the Moneybox customers, products and app.
- Detailed design of the feature you’re working on, creating prototypes and user flows to communicate your ideas and rationale to wider stakeholders.
- Continuously deliver design iterations in order to achieve the best experience, usability testing where possible.
- You will be responsible for the final UI, creating pixel perfect screens utilising design system components where possible, creating new patterns where required and adding beautiful transitions and animations to make the experience magical.
- Evaluate UI/UX design throughout the development cycle and support the development team.
- There will be an element of Service Design for your product as well as creating assets for campaigns and in-app content.
- Use a combination of data and customer feedback to refine and optimise screens, processes and micro-interactions.
- You’ll be a part of the wider Moneybox design team and participate in design reviews and design community.
Who you are
- A driven designer with 1 years minimum experience delivering both UX and UI design in digital including experience in mobile and app
- Possess a portfolio full of beautiful, well thought out interface work that showcases your flair and attention-to-detail. Include examples of mobile app products you have worked on (iOS and Android) – if you have them
- Competent with each stage of the design UX/UI design process (eg: process flow development, system architecture, wireframing, research, interaction design, visual design, prototyping)
- You’re a great communicator
- Work well autonomously
- Eager to deliver impeccable visual designs and have a high attention to detail
- Quick learner, always open-minded and curious, and eager to learn new skills
- Ability to think on your feet, adapt and convey your ideas and thought process
- What drives you is delivering great experiences and solving problems
- You thrive in a fast paced environment where you can use lightweight processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to have a huge impact
- Love showing your work often because it’s how you improve
- Have an interest in the FinTech industry
- Passionate about helping people build wealth
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: DPO@moneyboxapp.com
Your application will be subject to criminal record and adverse credit history checks (such as CCJs, IVAs and bankruptcy). As a regulated financial business, an adverse financial history could impact your suitability for the role. If you are aware of anything that could affect your suitability for the role, please let us know.