Apply for this job
Above Lending is a next-generation financial services company. We provide simple and transparent products aimed at helping our clients achieve their personal finance goals. With competitive rates and personalized support, our mission is to simplify the lending process and help borrowers attain financial well-being. We are committed to making credit more affordable and accessible.
About the Role
Above Lending is looking for a UX/UI Designer who advocates for our customers utilizing research and interaction design skills to optimize applications and improve ease of use to create the best possible user experience. The Designer will utilize industry standards, competitor research, user testing, performance data, wireframes and prototypes to communicate and sell ideas. They work as part of the marketing team making a positive impact on the way customers experience Above Lending.
As a Designer at Above, you will see projects through their full life cycle from research to the post-release phase, including QA. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, partnering with Product and Engineering, and pitching to stakeholders along the way. You will leverage analytics tools and techniques to support decision-making and prioritization, and to measure success. You will maintain a library of usability templates, guidelines, best practices, research documentation, and raw data.
The ideal candidate is passionate about learning, testing, executing, analyzing and optimizing our customer experience to grow and drive the business forward. This position reports to the Head of Marketing and works cross-functionally with product, analytics, design, strategy and sales teams.
We are looking for someone who’s eager to work in a close-knit, collaborative environment and at the same time can take real ownership of their own projects and responsibilities.
- Create and maintain wireframe systems, user flows, prototypes, specifications, navigation maps and user research findings
- Partner and collaborate with designers, coders, copywriters, and product managers to develop compelling and creative solutions
- Collaborate with marketing and operations teams to create new HTML emails. Iterate upon existing email content.
- Devise customer-centric, effective UX solutions
- Collaborating with engineering and product teams to understand technical considerations and communicate them to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with an iterative testing approach that requires a rapid design, build, and measurement cycle
- Flexibility and adaptability to rework your designs based on legal, product, marketing, engineering and other stakeholder feedback
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Computer Science, Design or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience practicing UX Design at a technology or e-commerce company
- Wire-framing and prototyping experience with tools like Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills; solid understanding of experiment design, measurement, and analysis (i.e. A/B testing) and the ability to make recommendations supported by data
- A proactive self-starter who enjoys and thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects, and remain flexible as priorities change
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creative thinker with excellent communication skills
- BS degree in Marketing or a related field
What we offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Competitive base pay
- Bonus opportunities
- Flexible personal time-off
- 401(K) match
More importantly, our team spirit and culture are what really sets us apart as a company. We’re a world-class company that loves what we do…and we have fun doing it!
Join our dynamic team and contribute to Above Lending’s success as we continue to provide innovative lending solutions to our customers.
*Above Lending is an equal opportunity Employer*
Above Lending does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job positions. No fee will be paid to their parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Above Lending employees or the Above Lending Finance and HR teams. No placement fee will be paid to any third party unless such a request has been made by the Above Lending HR team.