This is an exciting opportunity for a full-time Sr. UX Strategist to join a dynamic, creative team at Throughline, a premier visual information design firm. Throughline Inc. is an enterprise design & strategy firm, headquartered in Washington, DC. with additional locations in Charleston, SC and Camp Hill, PA. We are strategists, designers, and communication experts committed to building powerful visual tools that inform and inspire stakeholders to work toward the success of their organization. Throughline is a 2016 Davey Award winner and a seven-time recipient of Inc. Magazine 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies. Visit www.throughline.com for more information.
If you are keen to join our team, we are looking for “whole-brain thinkers” with a passion for problem solving in areas such as technology, customer experience, logistics, and information systems, balanced with experience in internal and external B2B or B2C communications, and a flare for graphic design.
A Throughline, a Sr. UX Strategist is extremely detail-oriented, organized, well-versed in the principles of user experience design and understands the tools and methods of the craft; they possess an eye for designing modern products, and excel in working in multi-disciplinary teams bringing digital transformation to the forefront of an organization. A Sr. UX Strategist is a champion of thoughtful product design and understands how to navigate the complex landscape of delivering high-quality products, services, and experiences.
Even if you feel you do not meet all the criteria below, we want to encourage you to still apply. A willingness to grow and learn new things are a key tenet of our Ever Curious mindset.
- Conduct research on existing and analogous experiences, help discover customer needs, and support requirements gathering.
- Skilled in user & task analysis, user research techniques, storyboarding, information architecture and wireframing to capture and integrate elements into user interaction designs.
- Comfortable using modern UX Design software (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD)
- Create, evaluate, and modify high and low-fidelity prototypes to support development process.
- Ensure features/capabilities align with the end-to-end customer experience and product strategy with an awareness of how the solution fits in context to a user’s lived-situation.
- Work with Product Managers, Product Owners, technical teams, and stakeholders to assess and prioritize how a solution should be prioritized and deployed.
- Facilitate iterative testing of prototypes.
- Lead and guide team members to ensure that high-quality design is accounted for and in support of organizational and product goals.
DESIRED SKILLS will be given preferential consideration. The Candidate will have UX and strategy experience in some of the following areas:
- Design and develop usability testing plans.
- Independently assess system performance against stated requirements.
- Review test results and evaluates for conformance to design.
- Design highly usable and consistent interfaces for multiple channels.
- Identify and craft solutions for software enhancements, extensions, defect corrections and integration of features.
- Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across technologies.
- Generate and reviews documentation and provide written and oral feedback on system requirements, code level reviews and design, system design documents, critical design review, integration, testing and other key development activities.
- Work with Product Managers, Product Owners, and teams to assess and prioritize how a solution should be prioritized and deployed.
- Understand Agile development methodologies to support software delivery teams.
- Demonstrate written and oral communications skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication and conceptual skills.
- Proficient at project management skills (e.g. project planning and estimating).
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working in software, at a creative agency, or analogous field.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree, Professional Certification, or Bachelor's Degree.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, interpersonal and team participation.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies and be able to communicate effectively with various teams.
- Demonstrate ability to systematically gather relevant information from different sources to address issues, making prompt and insightful decision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution.
- Possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Function as a UX design and strategy support across multiple project assignments.
- Ability to facilitate and lead co-creation/collaborative sessions with different teams.
We value a cover letter as a pitch for how you are qualified for and interested in this position, and as a formal writing sample.
Throughline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.