ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
At ezCater, we care a lot about building beyond helpful products that our customers, caterers, and delivery partners love to use. We believe understanding people and behavior is essential to creating a remarkable product. We’re looking for a gifted collaborator and passionate user advocate who excels at uncovering insights and helping product teams to transform them into irreplaceable products.
As a Principal UX Researcher, you’ll lead strategic research efforts to support the exploration of new service expansion initiatives which will innovate on the experiences of our customers. Your role will be to conduct qualitative and quantitative research from discovery through to validation to understand and improve the experience of our customers, caterers, and delivery partners. As a leader within the Product Design & Research team, you’ll work closely with product managers, product designers, content designers, data analysts, and other researchers to support the ongoing research needs of our product organization. You’ll regularly share insights and “aha!” moments with your partners, and facilitate conversations on how to take experiences to the next level. You’ll report directly to the Senior Manager of UX Research.
What You'll Do:
- Be a visible leader in the Product organization, driving research for new service expansion to transform the way customers discover, evaluate, and place orders for meals at scale.
- Partner with product, design, and analytics leaders as well as numerous cross-functional stakeholders to provide strategic input for key initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of ezCater’s products as well as the products of key players in our industry.
- Take data and findings and turn them into insights and actionable recommendations that will drive good results for our customers and business.
- Synthesize, summarize, and share key research findings in succinct and creative ways to a variety of stakeholders and partners.
- Contribute to developing a comprehensive system of user personas and detailed jobs-to-be-done vignettes to be shared with every employee within ezCater.
- Regularly seek feedback to evaluate and re-calibrate on research processes, proper research tooling, and group activities.
- Contribute to a growing Product Design & Research practice by promoting a user centric culture and evangelizing research and its value throughout every level and department within ezCater.
- Assume responsibility for the quality of our products, our processes on the team, and mentor and coach other Researchers.
- Actively mentor and coach other cross-functional teammates across the organization to help them understand research principles and impact.
- Help improve organizational and/or cultural initiatives that are impactful across the Product organization.
What You Have:
- 10+ years of conducting UX research for B2B / B2C web and mobile products.
- Well-rounded generative and evaluative research skills and end-to-end experience with all aspects of the research lifecycle (study design, recruitment, moderation, analysis, reporting, and executive presentations).
- Hands-on experience with user insights and trends research, iterative prototype evaluation, value proposition assessment, concept testing, lab-based user testing, unmoderated studies and field research.
- A demonstrable ability to interpret nebulous, net-new ideas into tangible and actionable next steps.
- Effective and compelling communication skills as well as experience providing strategic direction based on research outcomes.
- An understanding of strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when and how to apply them appropriately.
- Strong storytelling skills and ability to create compelling narratives about the order journey and user journey of our key segments.
- A transparent approach to working that invites others into the process and provides a welcoming venue for feedback.
- A positive attitude and ability to provide clear feedback, as well as regularly seeking feedback on your own performance.
- Examples of case studies, topline reports, post-study analyses, and other research deliverables which demonstrate your process and how you communicate the outcomes of research and how your work led to business and customer impact.
- Soft skills that are as well developed as your research skills.
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, deals well with ambiguity and focuses on driving impact.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience researching for B2B audiences or marketplaces.
- Worked in the restaurant and/or delivery industries.
- Experience with service design or logistics problems.
The national cash compensation range for this role is $180,000 - $240,000* per year.
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What You’ll Get from Us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.