Apply for this job
Mable is an equal opportunity employer. We find excellence in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. People with lived experience of disability or personal experience with the aged care system are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our interview processes are inclusive and will accommodate additional needs when required.
A little about us...
Founded in 2014, Mable has become one of Australia's largest and fastest growing healthtech marketplaces. Our platform is an online community of independent support workers who offer their services directly to people who are seeking aged care or disability support.
We’re thrilled to have been recognised within AFR’s Fast 100 list in 2021, Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 2021 Awards and we won the Australian Growth & Australian Technology Growth Company of the Year Award 2020! This is an awesome opportunity to join a thriving scale up whose profit for purpose mission is transforming the aged care and disability support sectors.
Mission: We’re redefining support for disability and aged care in Australia by helping people who are aging or living with disability to connect with independent support people in their community.
Watch this - What we do
About the role:
As Mable’s continues to grow and scale, so does our ambition for the product experience. This role will be as the designer within a cross-functional squad. It will involve design research, workshopping, concept development and validation, UX design and UI execution using our design system.
Most designers work partly in the Sydney or Melbourne Mable offices, and partly from home.
How you will make an impact?
Mable provides people with the ability to choose specific care and support workers in their community. At the same time, Mable enables flexible and rewarding careers for support workers.
It’s all about having the freedom to live the life of your choosing. This is what you will help to deliver through our product
Who you will be working with With?
Within in your squad, you will be working with a product manager, a data lead, QA and several front and back end engineers. Your squad is empowered to discover and validate problems faced by real users and collaborate to come up with solutions.
You will also be part of the Customer Experience team. There you will collaborate with, and be supported by, a talented cast of design system, content, product, and service designers.
What will I be doing?
- Understand current customer challenges and design effective solutions to improve the customer experience
- Deliver and take ownership for high-quality UX outcomes within a squad
- Collaborate with a Product Manager, a Data Lead and a small engineering teams to deliver effective product solutions
- Comfortably scope and facilitate user research and usability testing; to deepen customer understanding and quickly iterate designs to better meet our customer’s needs
- Using our design system, develop wireframes, interactive prototypes, specification and other design documents to communicate design ideas and intent
- Be a champion of a lean and human-centred design approach to product development
- Effectively manage differing priorities, needs and timelinesFacilitate workshops with a diversity of stakeholder for input and review of designs
- Positively contribute to establishing design culture at a scaling tech business
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with stakeholders, empathise directly with our customers and drive consensus cross-functionally.
- Minimum of 2-4 years professional work within the experience design field, with prominent experience working in product and technology teams.
- Mastery of Figma and other emergent UX and UI tools.
- Experience in scoping and conducting user research to rapidly test solutions; with strong grasp of recruitment approaches and qualitative research tools.
- Experience of UX strategies and trends across both web and mobile platforms.
- Ideally having experience from health, wellbeing, aged care sectors or organisations with a high level of design maturity.
- Ability to own and influence solutions from scratch and/or improve existing features, all with a user-centred design process.
- Comfortable in an environment where product solutions are challenged equally by engineering, data, product, UX and discussed with the goal of developing best outcome for the end user.
- Experience working directly with developers for the implementation of designs.
- Comfortable working with a remote team.
Life at Mable
? Sydney CBD Office - Two minutes walk from Town Hall Station, we’ve recently taken over an entire floor of the Hilton Hotel building with state-of-the-art facilities and tools you need to get the job done (hello, #scaleup life).
? Hybrid working model - We love to encourage a healthy balance between team collaboration and home/ family commitments.
? WFH Set Up Allowance - A generous $800 to help you kit out your home office.
? Competitive Remuneration - Everyone at Mable contributes to the bigger picture mission so we want you to feel financially rewarded.
???? Wellbeing & Mental health - We offer floating public holidays and access to our Employee Assistance Program (App + counselling).
? Time away from our desks to recharge - Enjoy additional days off to celebrate your birthday, support your community by tapping into our ‘volunteer day’ or just have a day to yourself through our ‘wellbeing day’.
?? Explore the world - You have the opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 4-weeks each year.
??????????? Family comes first - Make the most of our Paid Parental Leave - a gender neutral policy for primary (14 weeks + super) and secondary (6 weeks + super) carers.
?? Stay fit - Discounted gym memberships and classes.
? We love to eat - Our pantry and fridges are fully stocked for your convenience.
?? Diversity & Inclusion - We are constantly empowering our employees and creating a culture of greater inclusion. We are endorsed by Work180 as an accredited employer for women in tech.
? Anniversary Awards - Be rewarded through our recognition program with awesome goodies and rewards to celebrate your successes and tenure at Mable.
? Accelerate your career - Be a part of one of Australia's fastest growing Marketplaces. We are a scale-up tech-co and our people are a huge part of this. We want all of our Mablers to feel supported in their careers and for Mable to be the place where they can grow to their full potential.
Culture within the Mablehood - Our values
All About People - We put our customers at the centre of everything we do.
Better Together - We are stronger, better and faster when we work together.
Challenge Openly - Speak up. Candid discussion helps us make better decisions.
Do The Right Thing, Always - We hold ourselves to the highest standard. What we say and do matters.
CrEate Impact - We are passionate about having an impact.
We are one
We’re endorsed by Work180 which showcases our commitment to our policies, flexible working and inclusion practices for women in tech - visit our page here.
If this role has stood out to you but you don’t feel like you ‘’tick all the boxes’’, we strongly encourage you to apply nonetheless. We value diversity across experience and you might well just bring something to the Mablehood that we are looking for!
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Where to find us online
Glassdoor - https://bit.ly/3z0K328
YouTube - https://bit.ly/34L7DlP
Instagram - https://bit.ly/3pgAOXk
Facebook - https://bit.ly/3ic6LhQ
LinkedIn - https://bit.ly/3ie6Q4U