Apply for this job
Auroch Digital is part of the Sumo Group Ltd. They are a game development studio based in Bristol, UK and founded in 2010. The studio works on original titles, long-term partnerships, and work-for-hire projects such as porting. We specialise in strategy, retro and digital tabletop games, working with the likes of Games Workshop and Ndemic Creations. Auroch also has an interest in making games that relate to and deal with real-world issues.
Auroch Digital's titles include retro boomer shooter Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun, the authentic beer brewing simulator Brewmaster, action-strategy hybrid Dark Future: Blood Red States, the console versions of fishy theme park management game Megaquarium and cute robot city builder The Colonists, and Mars Horizon 2: The Search for Life which is the sequel to Mars Horizon which was made in collaboration with the European Space Agency. The studio is currently working on several titles, both original IPs and ports.
As a UI/UX Artist in Auroch Digital, you will be part of a projects development right from its inception, all the way to end of production.
You will be working with a multitude of people and different teams, including:
- Spearheading User research and testing in pre-production.
- Advocating for accessibility options early in development.
- Wireframing and prototyping potential screens alongside working to Designs goals.
- Implementing layouts into engine and working closely with Code to follow their pipelines.
- Making sure testing is done all throughout production in addition to pre-prod by setting up testing sessions, creating surveys with Design and helping facilitate them.
Seeking out mentorship for improving your UI skills and researching innovations in the industry are encouraged to keep ahead of the curve. At Auroch we are passionate about integrating accessibility into our games from the beginning, evidence of a shared enthusiasm for that goal will be an excellent quality we look for in candidates.
- Excellent wireframing Skills and wireframe software knowledge (e.g Figma)
- Good Prototyping skills (e.g Figma)
- Excellent Artistic Skill and colour theory
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop Experience
- Excellent Adobe Illustrator Experience
- Great iconography skills
- At least 3+ year games industry experience
- Good level of Engine experience in Unreal or Unity including sourcetree or perforce experience.
Nice to haves:
- Console UI experience including Xbox, Playstation and Switch
- Great communication skills
- At least 1 shipped title
- Created UI with Accessibility needs in mind
· We don’t agree with using crunch (here's our take on it)
· We won’t get in the way of you working on your own indie dev projects in your own time
· Remote, office based or hybrid are all totally fine working options
· 27 days holiday total (including your Birthday off!) which increases for long term service
- The option to take three months unpaid sabbatical leave after three years of service
· Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
· Flexible working
· Pensions contribution
- Dental cover
- Life insurance
- Income protection
- A pot of money to spend in Uchoose on extra benefits like health insurance, adding family members etc.
· Ongoing support for training and career development, including 5 learning days a year, 1 of which can be
used for volunteering
Your application should include a short cover letter explaining a little about your previous experience and why you think you would be a good fit for the role and a current CV with relevant work history. Though not required, if you have a portfolio or examples of previous work please also include them with your application.