Apply for this job
Oda is a company on the move. We built Norway’s leading online grocery store and now we want to share what we’ve created with the world! Delivering a broad assortment of high-quality, affordable groceries to thousands of doorsteps is a complex process, but we believe we’ve cracked the code. Using data-driven methodology, with a focus on sustainability all the way along the chain, we are creating the most efficient retail system in the world.
To solve a completely unique set of complex problems, we have and continue to build a strong product and technology team, and a wonderful workplace for great people. As a part of that, we give a handful of students a unique opportunity to join our tailored summer internship program for students in design, technology, and data science. Are you one of them?
To be successful, we believe you ?
- Have a portfolio of projects that demonstrates experience with user-centered design methodologies, including need-finding, user insights driving concepts, and iterative design with usability testing.
- Have an interest and training in designing digital services (services built on software).
- Have a talent for facilitating collaboration with cross-functional teams, and wants to learn to work on cross-functional teams with developers and data analysts.
- Have a talent for UI design and a basic understanding of the properties of web and mobile technologies.
- Have good knowledge of service, interaction, and/or digital visual design skillsets.
- Proficiency in Miro and Figma (our design tools of choice).
- Preferably are currently pursuing your Master's degree (3rd or 4th year) and/or you have gained previous internship experience during your studies.
- Speak English fluently.
Our summer internship contains ??
- Cross-functional teams: We believe that product and technology development works at its best in cross-functional teams with a high level of autonomy. We like to work across functions to better understand which problems to solve and to create great results with actual impact. That is why our summer interns work in teams with engineers, data scientists, and designers.
- Real projects: We live and breathe to make sure that what we build actually makes a difference. That is why our summer students will take on important challenges with the goal to have made actual real-life products by the end of the summer.
- Mentorship and learning: Through concrete work in a cross-functional team on real projects that will make an impact, we will provide relevant and valuable experience, technically and professionally. We offer experienced coaches within design, engineering, and data science so that both you and we are left with important learning.
- You can read more about our platform and technology team here.
What you can expect to experience from a summer with us ?
- We have total control of our design and technology; from our app and touchpoints, all the way to the systems used in our Fulfilment Centers, distribution, picking and purchasing. You'll get to spend at least one day getting to know all parts of our value chain to see what goes on in each step; from incoming and picking to delivery and customer service.
- You'll get a peek into what our product & technology teams are working with and a unique insight into our company strategy - now and in the future. ?
- We have several social events happening throughout the summer. We kick off the internship with a proper “meet and greet”, and there will be many opportunities to experience how wonderful Oslo is during the summer. ?
- You'll get the chance to present your work at the end of the summer and in a mid-term demo where you'll also receive feedback from experienced designers, engineers, and data scientists. Throughout the summer we have team meetings and sharing sessions to enhance our learning and share valuable tips and tricks.
- You'll get your own desk, chair, laptop, and any other equipment you might need in our brand new offices at Tøyen - right in the middle of the pulsating city life of Oslo.
- Join the Oda team for lunch and get to know our great colleagues across disciplines. We believe good lunch is good business! ?
- Time: The summer internship will take place from 17.06.2024 to 09.08.2024, with the possibility of having one week off in July, either week 28 or 29.
- Location: We are located in our brand new and hyper-modern offices in Tøyen, Oslo since March 2023. Oda does not cover relocation or travel expenses.
- Application deadline: Please make sure to submit your application by 01.10.2023. Applications are assessed continuously.
As a part of Oda you’ll will be working with enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people, shaping tomorrow’s shopping experience. Come build the future with us!
Oda is committed to being an inclusive community, cultivating diversity, equity and belonging into our everyday workplace culture. When hiring for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that people can add with different cultural backgrounds, ethnicity, race, gender, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, education and beliefs. If you have a disability such as a hearing, or visual impairment or any other neurodivergent need that requires accommodating during the hiring process, please let us know in advance. You can do this by contacting the job owner or hiring manager.
If you’d like to know more about how we work, check out our stories on Medium.
We look forward to hearing from you! ?