Apply for this job
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,??, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
As the digital designer, you will have a unique opportunity to work with data, brand, motion, product design, and engineers. You'll design top-of-the-funnel digital experiences and journeys on Canva’s website to help users discover the breadth of Canva’s paid offerings and help them find the right Canva plan all while providing the best user experience all the way through. Our pages reach millions of users across the world and are some of the first touch points our users have with our brand and product.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Discovery - Contribute to the discovery phase with user stories, research, competitor analysis, wireframes, user flows etc.. and help define the problem and solutions.
- Definition - Translate insights, data and user research into prototypes to validate ideas with team members and end users.
- Visual design - Design creative and on-brand visual solutions such as emails, banners, graphics, UI, motion & interactive designs, landing pages and websites that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design.
- Implementation - Work closely with engineers during implementation and review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, typography and general experience are flawless and on-brand.
- Iteration - Iterate and optimise pages and user flows for conversion.
- Design at scale - keeping in mind internationalisation, CMS integration, accessibility, design system, mobile design and various technical constraints and opportunities.
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates experience in designing landing pages, an excellent understanding of user behaviour and how to drive conversion.
- You work iteratively and have experience with conversion optimization, A/B testing, User testing and using data to inform design decisions.
- You are comfortable with the various acquisition channels (SEO, SEM, Social etc..) and are able to provide well-rounded, consistent and performant solutions.
- You shine through your designs, creating user flows and wireframes that simplify the user experience.
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- It’s a plus if you have some motion design experience in the past, with the ability to tell a story - be it prototyping or vector animation
- You are an empathetic user advocate who values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
About the team
- Canva’s Digital Marketing Group has the fundamental mission to grow, engage and retain Canva users across the funnel and stages of their lifecycle. Our success is in scaling our marketing efforts globally to drive sustainable revenue and user growth by moving users down the funnel.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Design Lead, Chen Zhang, has to say about working in Design at Canva -
"I love working at Canva because I really am empowering the world to design by designing!"
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.