Reporting to our Technical Director, the UX/UI Designer will produce high quality UI designs, UX Sketches or wireframes and Prototypes for the business that accurately and efficiently solve the requirements for the product, to give value to the business OKRs. Creating cross platform solutions across multiple projects and focusing on consistency and simplicity, you will deliver “build ready” designs to the Developers and collaborate with them to produce excellent web and iOS app solutions.
This role is fully remote, based in Porto, Portugal.
Salary for this role is €25,000
Check out the progression path for this role here (it sits within the Product team, UX/UI Designer category)
- Develop user research, solving the user's problems and find solutions
- Produce high level sketches / wireframes, realise the value of the product
- Presenting to the team for feedback and establish proof of concept
- Devise simple, elegant UI desktop and mobile solutions to complex problems
- Working closely with the Product Managers, agile development team and cross functional teams to solve real business problems
- Identify value, empathise with users' needs
- A strong background in Graphic Design, UX and UI - you are able to show this through your portfolio
- Good understanding of responsive design, typography and Iconography. Good cultural/industry awareness.
- Proficient in UX, UX sketching, UI Design, wire-framing. Software Sketch, Zeplin, Marvel.
- Experience in-house, design studio, digital education or a Start-up environment - from taking briefs/requirements to clear UX documents to precise UI design.
- Familiar with prototyping tools and usability Testing
- Ability to work on a digital first mainly remote setup
- Employee Assistance Programme through Lifeworks
- Staff discounts
- The Inclusive Threads DE&I Program
- Holiday - 22 days + bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Long service awards
- Mentorship & Coaching
- 12 weeks Leadership programme
Want to help build the future of luxury fashion commerce? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Threads is a creative, luxury fashion personal shopping and commerce business. Through social and chat-based media, we inspire our international client base to discover the rarest luxury items. We then search the globe to procure them for our clients; this is the future of retail.
Threads is in Tech City’s Future Fifty programme which recognises some of the UK’s fastest growing businesses, pioneering the best luxury shopping experience in the world!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Equity in selection practices
Threads practise equity in selection through targeting less represented talent pools, and offering access to development and support in interviews. We do this because we want to provide less represented groups with access to opportunities, and us, access to great people. All candidate offers are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If we have two candidates at the final stage, we choose the best candidate for the job.
We are a Disability Confident Employer, and have committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We are working towards improved employment practices to ensure those with disabilities receive full and fair consideration for all types of vacancies as well as for training, career development and promotion. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer providing employment opportunities for people with disabilities.