At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
40% of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, with 10% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste.
We’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste, so alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions - such as our Retail Technologies offering, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 84 million registered users and 209,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already prevented 284+ million meals from going to waste - avoiding over 712,000 tonnes of CO2e!
We are looking for a Senior UX researcher to focus on understanding our user’s better.
You will manage the practical needs of product development with building a foundational knowledge base covering all facets of user needs, motivations, and desired experiences along the product experience. You'll be a strategic partner to Product Management, Design, and Product Analytics leadership.
You will be responsible for generating and synthesising insights around complex product and design problems, rationalising them into clear actionable solutions, and helping gain the support of executive stakeholders, while coordinating with partners across the company in prioritisation and execution.
This role reports to the Head of UX Research
- Collaborate with Product vertical leaders to understand research needs and work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders including, but not limited to, data scientists, designers, product management, engineers to discover user pain points.
- Conduct research in conjunction with priority areas, using several methods including, but not limited to: Exploratory research, UX testing, interviews, surveys, heuristic evaluations, card sorting, focus groups and behavioural studies.
- Collaborate with Design, Product Management, and Leadership to develop strategies for communicating research insights that build conviction and influence strategic decision-making at the executive level.
- Degree in Human Computer Interactions, psychology, sociology, cognitive science, or other relevant field
- Strong working knowledge of UX and UX Design principles
- Experience working collaboratively with Directors and Executive Stakeholders cross-organizations.
- Technical knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Autonomous, you must be able to structure your day and prioritise your workload.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate positions and advocate for the designs.
- A previous B2B experience would be beneficial for this role
- We win together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we win together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: We’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What We Have To Offer
- An opportunity to work in a global social-impact company and certified B Corporation! where you can see a real and tangible impact in your role.
- To be an integral member of our defined product teams. We are eager for you to make an impact and contribute to the product scope and development; Your insights are valuable, and we are here to listen.
- Work-life balance is important to us! Focus on the job to be done, not the hours spent, there is no need for overtime. We believe in happy environments create happy employees.
- We trust in our employees and encourage an autonomous environment that provides several opportunities for employees to contribute, develop and take ownership of their work in a way that works for them.
- To be part of an international company, with over 1,200+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- An informal environment, working alongside a tech team of over 90 passionate people, we celebrate our differences and our successes and have a strong values-driven team culture.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Job Ref: #LI-TC1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.