Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Highest-Rated Tech Companies for Culture and Values 2023
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
We are looking for a UX Research Intern to work alongside our UX Research and Design teams to make an impact in an exciting product space. As a UXR Intern you are someone who is able to gather insights about customers from a variety of research methods. Candidates should also be able to analyze research results and convey those insights to the appropriate people in the most engaging and actionable manner.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, marketing, and research to plan, facilitate, and implement studies that address both user behaviors and attitudes.
- Employ (and learn) a wide range of qualitative research tools and techniques.
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Currently pursuing a Masters degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Psychology, Anthropology, Statistics, or a related field graduating between Dec. 2024-June 2025
- 1-3 years of working experience in a user research related field
- Must be able to come on-site in San Francisco to work directly with the product teams and conduct in-person research
- Ability to clearly communicate your findings, and justify recommendations to stakeholders
- The ability to be flexible and inventive, using non-traditional approaches to research and user testing, given our product space
An ideal candidate also has:
- A desire to understand how humans think and act. You enjoy meeting, interviewing, and observing users in their own environments.
- Experience with qualitative UXR methods including: in-depth interviews, ethnographic research, diary studies, persona development, journey mapping, card sorting, and/or usability testing
- Relevant experience within user experience, applied research setting and/or product research and development
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive a competitive total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.