Have you noticed that when you go to the doctor, often no one there can tell you what it will cost? If you think that’s as problematic as we do, join us in our mission to fix it.
We are currently seeking a Senior UX Designer to join our team remotely (preferably based in the Seattle area)!
This role reports directly to the Chief Product Officer and interfaces closely with the Product and Engineering teams, and you will take ownership of our UX process and how it aligns with our product development pipeline. Our product’s goal is to transform previously complex, manual, time-consuming tasks for patients and providers and distill them into automated, efficient workflows that drive a better patient experience and simplify work for overburdened provider teams. This also includes rich data visualizations that allow users to understand workflow performance, the impact of healthcare costs, and surface opportunities to make the entire healthcare experience more cost-efficient. You will have direct access to our passionate end users for research and will be in a position to drive and prioritize UX improvements that will have the biggest impact on customer ROI.
- Gain a deep understanding of the healthcare workflow for patients and providers
- Collaborate with domain experts to translate complex workflows into user-friendly interfaces
- Conduct user research with our customers to identify user needs, pain points, and workflow challenges specific to our products, and setup a process to measure the efficacy of designs
- Analyze research findings to inform the design of user personas, user journeys, and task flows
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to ensure designs aligns with functional requirements, including supporting information flow and workflow diagrams, and then eventually detailed interactive mockups
- Develop assets to make the product development handoff process more efficient
- Design user interactions, data entry forms, and data visualization components that facilitate accurate data input and analysis
- Evaluate the technical feasibility of design concepts considering integrations with electronic health records (EHR) systems, payment gateways, and other healthcare software
- Ensure the presentation of complex financial and billing data is user-friendly and actionable
- Ensure our software meets accessibility standards and compliance requirements (e.g. HIPAA, 508)
- Stay updated on industry regulations and best practices related to healthcare software design
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficiency in UX design tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, or similar
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with developers to translate designs into shippable product improvements
- Preference for familiarity with front-end development technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Extensive experience in crafting compelling narratives through data, employing optimal and pertinent visualizations to steer users through data-intensive business process/workflow use cases
- Proven experience designing user experiences for healthcare workflows, including revenue cycle processes and patient experience
- Experience balancing user-centered designs that address both user needs and regulatory requirements (e.g. 508, HIPAA)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams (Customer Success, Product Management, Engineering), domain experts, and end users
- Analytical mindset and ability to breakdown complex problems and recompose existing workflows into a more optimized experience
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in UX Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- Portfolio showcasing previous UX design projects related to healthcare or revenue cycle management software
As our first UX Designer, you will have creative authority to build out our UX approach as our organization grows, scaling our user experience for a fast-growing company with staff across the US. Long-term opportunity to grow and lead a UX team!
Why MD Clarity:
- Our team is experiencing high growth and is at the forefront of innovation while loving a little bit of ambiguity along the way!
- We are remote-first, with co-working opportunities as well as a hybrid work option at our offices in Seattle and NYC if you like to be in-person.
- Competitive Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums 100% covered for you and any dependents; 401(k) with employer matching; monthly wellness credit; employer HSA contributions; continuing education; and more
More About MD Clarity
MD Clarity is a social-impact-driven software company animated by two guiding principles: 1) that patients have a right to know what the financial impact will be on them when getting care; and 2) that doctors, nurses, and physician assistants deserve to be paid fairly by health insurers.
Our workflow automation software makes the healthcare experience easier and more transparent for patients and providers, and our products are already used by healthcare organizations that together serve hundreds of thousands of patient visits annually. We’re profitable and recently raised a new round of growth capital to accelerate adoption and scale our impact on the healthcare system.
Our fast-growing team combines decades of healthcare technology experience with engineering and business talent from Microsoft, Stanford, Spotify, EY-Parthenon, Harvard, Deloitte, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, UPenn-Wharton, and West Point, among others. We’re distributed among our offices in Seattle and New York City and many fully remote roles. In addition to our shared passion for improving patients’ healthcare experience, we’re united in valuing an inclusive workplace that empowers all with the autonomy, connection to the mission, and flexibility needed to innovate.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship