Hey, I'm Nelson, the CEO and Co-founder of HowNow, and I’m hiring! Before I tell you more about our role, here’s a bit more about us…
Our mission is to make meaningful learning a part of your everyday work! 🧠
The shelf life of our skills is now less than 5 years. So, if you stopped learning today, you’d soon end up irrelevant. Think that’s a big problem? You’d be right.
Enter HowNow. Founded in 2019, this is the problem our Learning Experience Platform is solving. It’s disrupting the way people learn and grow at work through technology. Whether it's finding a quick answer, building a skill, or tapping into shared knowledge, we make it easy for people to learn what they need, when they need it.
On the back of our Series-A funding, the next stage of our ambitious journey begins. Already used by fast-growing scale-ups and global enterprises, such as Checkout.com, Depop and Investec, we’re pushing the boundaries of how people learn.
We’re looking for a UI-UX Designer with a track-record of designing market leading products. You'll be a designer that creates research-based and tested design styles, that always put the user first. tested design styles that put the user first.
Day-to-day tasks will include 📩
- You’ll collaborate cross-functionally (mainly our team of 3 Product Managers) to understand the project requirements and translate this into intuitive, visually appealing user experiences and interfaces
- You’ll conduct user research, including testing, interviewing and surveying and using various other tools to gather insights to validate design decisions
- You’ll create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs
- You’ll develop and maintain design systems, style guides, and UI components to ensure consistency across our products
- You’ll iterate designs based on stakeholder feedback, users, and usability tests
- You’ll collaborate with developers to ensure seamless implementation of designs, providing necessary assets and clarifications.
The key things that we will be looking for in applicants 🔑
- You have a minimum of 2+ years of full-time experience as a UX/UI Designer or similar role. We'd love to hear from senior applicants too.
- You have proficiency in Figma
- Your portfolio showcases a range of design projects and problem-solving skills.
- You understand current design principles, trends, and technologies.
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills
What you’ll get
🏡 A flexible approach to hybrid working (in the offices 3x a week) and working hours
💆 Wind-down Fridays. No meetings from 3pm-7pm on Fridays, for you to wind down for the weekend. A few ways our HowNow’ers use this time is to exercise, study, or spend some time with their family and friends
🏖️ Workcations. We try to get our Mumbai and UK teams together to brainstorm in person over a company retreat. We’ve previously met in Goa, Turkey, and Copenhagen
💡Access to the very best learning platform out there (HowNow+) to keep you at the top of your game
📚 An annual £200 learning and development budget
🌴 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and your birthday day off
🤩 Monthly socials, which have included mini-golf, Hijingo, shuffleboarding, 5-a-side football and Badminton
🚲 Cycle to Work scheme
🐶 Dog friendly offices
Once you've applied, we'll get back in touch with you. This is usually within the next 3 working days. Sometimes it can take slightly longer, but we will get back to you as soon as we can, irregardless of what the outcome of your application is.
If we've decided it's a match, you'll be invited to a 30-minute video call with Naaz, People Operations Coordinator
After the initial call, if we're both interested in moving ahead, you'll be invited to meet with Soundalkar, our Senior Product Designer for 45 minutes so you can get to know each other better.
Following a successful interview, you'll meet again with Nelson and will deliver a role specific task - you get the chance to understand the type of work you'd do on a daily basis, and we find out more about what you can bring to the role.