Apply for this job
Mujin is the future of industrial robotic systems in production and distribution environments. Our technology gives robots perception and awareness, enabling them to take on more advanced tasks. Our aim is to revolutionize the use of robotics within industry to free human resources from labor intensive tasks to focus on more intellectual challenges.
We are looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer. In this role, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to contribute to the future of intelligent robots by creating new user experiences for the MujinController UI. Our goal is to make intelligent robots accessible to anyone with no custom development or training required - completely self-guided user experience.
- Design human-to-machine user experiences. Your design solutions will make it easy for humans and robots to interact, enabling them to collaborate effectively
- Lead the design process from start to finish. Own the entire end-to-end UX design journey, from initial ideas to polished user interfaces
- Produce multiple concepts and prototypes. Rapidly experiment with new concepts and continuously improve current solutions. Understand when deeper understanding is required, and when to pivot and try another approach
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams. Work with industry-leading experts to create intuitive user experiences that meet real human needs and business goals
- Contribute to product strategy. Work closely with senior leadership to influence product direction and create strategic visions for the MujinController UI
- Take a holistic view. Consider the bigger picture beyond immediate UI design challenges. Map out larger problem / opportunity spaces to set the context for your work, and build interconnected solutions. Design for the evolution of the MujinController ecosystem
- Drive product design standards. Own and contribute to the MujinController UI design system and demonstrate strong design values and cohesive user experiences
- Grow our design practice. We are a small but passionate team of designers and engineers – You will proactively introduce new methods, rituals, and ways of working that raise the quality of product design at Mujin
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Previously led the design of multiple product launches in a fast-growing company
- Experience and proficiency using Figma for design wireframes, prototypes, and mock-ups for web, mobile, and other digital platforms
- Experience designing for complex enterprise user experiences - native or web. Industrial product design knowledge is a plus
- Human-centric and evidence-driven design approach. Your design work and decision-making are based on objectives and outcomes.
- Prioritize collaboration in your design process. Enjoy and excel inworking closely with engineers and subject matter experts to solve problems as a team
- You have the communication skills to speak confidently about your own design decisions and can convince others of your reasoning
- Facilitation skills that help bring others into the design process and have experience leading brainstorming workshops, design sprints, and requirement-gathering activities
- Excellent UI visual design skills but can see the bigger picture. Experience mapping user journeys to create a cohesive overall customer experience
- Passionate about sharing your design experience and raising the bar for the design practice at Mujin
- Experience running user studies to identify underlying user needs and motivations is a plus.
- An online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered
Since our expansion to North America, we have encountered substantial demand for our groundbreaking robotics technology. If you are seeking a job in innovative robotics and automation, Mujin offers an exciting opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology and be at the forefront of the industry's advancements. As part of the Mujin team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the leaders in the robotics space, as we work together to change the face of industrial automation.
Mujin Corp. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, pregnancy, physical or mental disability if the individual is otherwise qualified, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, familial status, parental status, HIV/AIDS status, sickle cell trait, DNA analysis, or any other protected characteristics as governed by federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all the Company activities, including hiring, placement, promotion, discipline, termination, compensation, and training.