Senior Product Designer
Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of customers across our products (Jira, Confluence, and Trello to name a few). We’re continuing to invest heavily, in a bid to bring out the best in every team. We're growing our design team globally and searching for hardworking, designers and design managers.
About the role
We're specifically searching for a Product Designer in Mountain View to join the Atlassian Growth team, focusing on cross-product experiences. This team's mission is in the seams, ensuring we connect the value of the Atlassian suite and tell the story of "better together" for Trello.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Work closely with product managers, engineering and other cross-functional partners to define product strategy and champion the user experience in our products
- Steer the strategic design direction of how to integrate Trello with the wider Atlassian product suite
- Flex your storytelling and collaboration muscles, working as a part of a collaborative team
- Facilitate workshops with engineers and product managers to establish project scope and explore potential solutions to identified challenges
- Help your team plan and conduct exploratory user research and effective usability tests.
- Influence and shape how we approach our work, ship product and drive the product roadmap.
On Your First Day, We Expect You to Have:
- 5+ years of hands-on professional experience as a UX/Product Designer.
- Experience driving product direction autonomously, from planning to delivering business outcomes. We're seeking a self-starter, who asks for help when needed.
- Exposure to research, including a thorough understanding of methodologies used to develop customer empathy and validate product concepts. You should also be comfortable synthesizing insights from qualitative and quantitative research.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, especially in influencing and partnering across many organizational levels.
- An eye for detail, and ability to get to the root of the problem with a customer-centric lens.
- Strong executional skills, with experience in modern tools such as Sketch, Framer, Mural, Invision, Zeplin, Adobe CC, & Keynote.
- A growth mindset. Our team moves fast, and there's always something to learn.
It would be beneficial if you have:
- Experience with SaaS, or complex enterprise applications. Even better if you have a background in an experimental or growth environment (eCommerce, Retail or Travel is a big plus).
- An ability to lead & inspire others. You have experience and can show examples of when you influenced cross functional peers and executives across a business to influence a result.
- Experience working with Content Strategy.
- Knowledge of service design principles, such as customer journey mapping.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.