Senior Product Designer
About Candidate Labs
Recruiting reinvented. Candidate Labs is a stealth startup at the intersection of talent & data, reimagining how people find their dream job that most leverages their strengths and advances their career. Founded by repeat entrepreneurs (Airware, Trumaker, MIT, Princeton) with experience scaling teams, Candidate Labs is a seed-stage company backed by top early-stage venture firms SignalFire, Fuel Capital, BoxGroup, and over two dozen founders of high-growth technology companies.
The product design team is responsible for creating the product experience for each of our customer stakeholders: recruiters, candidates, and clients.
As the founding product designer at Candidate Labs, you’ll contribute to the strategy, vision, definition, and design of all our products. You will work collaboratively with our product, engineering, and business teams to create highly functional experiences that help deliver a best-in-class recruiter, candidate, and client experience.
If you are excited about what we’re doing and being a founding member of a hyper growth startup, we'd love to meet you! Only candidates with a portfolio of past work will be considered.
What You’ll Do
- Design end-to-end experiences (UX, CX, interaction, and visual)
- Focus on designing efficient, delightful, and intuitive experiences for our internal recruiters, candidates, and clients
- Create a great design process, but be able to deviate when the situation calls for it
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams of engineers, data scientists, product managers, and business teammates
- Leverage existing design patterns and systems when needed
- Conduct UX research and share out learnings with stakeholders and team members
- Partner with stakeholders to help drive decision-making
- Make icons or other visual assets when you need to
Who You Are
- At least 3+ years experience designing for web and mobile web
- A strong portfolio showcasing high-quality UX and interaction design
- Can articulate why a design decision is made and the tradeoffs considered
- Experience creating both low-fi and hi-fi prototypes and mocks
- Able to research and produce design options for consideration from established patterns
- Experience working with front-end engineering on design interactions, spacing, and assessing tradeoffs when transferring to code
- Has worked with a design system—either open source or proprietary in-house—and is able to incorporate it into their work effectively
- Demonstrated ability to lead and complete complex design projects
- Excellent communicator
- Fast learner and self-starter
- Pragmatic and gets things done
- Experience using asset transfer tools (Figma, Invision, Zeplin)
- Experience using prototyping tools (Framer, Principle, Invision, Figma, Lottie)
- Basic familiarity with HTML, CSS, and other frontend technologies
- Experience with talent and HR products
- Experience working with data-driven products
- Interest in making the recruiting experience better for everyone