At Reach Labs, we are delivering technologies to enable the long-range, wireless transfer of power in Industrial settings. We believe wireless power can be as liberating for power systems as WiFi was for data systems, and are busy creating the infrastructure that will power the Industrial Internet of Things. We have recently raised funding from top tier VC’s, have a long list of real world customers waiting to deploy our technology, and are building an exceptional team to make the best product possible.
Reach Labs' product research drives both engineering and business decisions. In an effort to get the highest quality data and inspire confidence in findings, we are looking for a mixed media UI/UX prototyping and visual design specialist.
Working directly with the Product Development Lead, you will design intelligible Web, Screen and Physical asets to communicate speculative technology applications.
You will be responsible for ensuring they communicate appropriate design intent, and make them an exciting, and memorable part of the customer discovery experience.
Finally, you will help to consolidate learnings from these materials and implement them into core product designs, assisting with definition of visual identity and language in the process.
This is a role that requires flexibility and adaptability; generalists, self starters and autodidacts will excel. In return, the role offers unparalleled opportunity for creativity and product design.
- Execute all visual design from concept to final hand-off for application development
- Develop infographics, animations, wireframes, visual mockups and physical prototypes that clearly illustrate how digital and/or physical interfaces should function and look
- Use a variety of digital tools in your tools to create original and compelling digital assets
- Lead videography efforts to capture prototype concepts
- Consider user research findings and create wireframes for relevant UX flows
- Use prototyping platforms to create and test interactive UI elements
- Prototype on a spectrum by creating multiple versions of each idea for insight into design directions
- Manage tight deadlines and generate high output of quality work product
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of UI/UX design experience resulting in successfully launched web/ mobile applications and/or physically persistent products or architectural installations
- BS/MS in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design, or equivalent
- Expert level skills in digital graphic design (e.g Adobe Creative Suite)
- Skilled in wireframing/protoyping tools (e.g. UXPin InVision, AdobeXD)
- Familiarity or interest in 3D & environmental rendering/animation e.g (3D Studio Max, Maya, Blender)
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies for Mobile and Web
- Professional and strong interpersonal and time-management skills
- Experience interpreting requirements and defending design decisions
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment and take direction from Management
- Passion for excellence and pride in work
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited, paid vacation policy
- Health insurance coverage
- Dental coverage
- 401K plan
- High degree of autonomy and work ownership with strong action-to-impact relationship
Reach Labs - Who We Are
Reach Labs is a pioneer in a new frontier of technology. Born out of MIT, incubated in YC, and developed in an "office space" that was the oven of a cookie factory, we are a group of curious, passionate, and creative problem solvers, and we approach our work with vigor and humility. We have recently moved to a beautiful and freshly renovated office, but are taking the startup mentality with us- decisions are made quickly, meetings and politics are kept to a minimum, and everyone here does high visibility work that has considerable influence on our product and company.
Our new office has close access to MacArthur BART, Public and Private Bus Routes, walking access to Emeryville restaurants, gyms and groceries, and ample bike parking and personal storage for employees. We have weekly team lunches, quarterly offsite company events, and often spend time together outside of work bicycling, rock climbing, going to concerts, and hosting happy hours.
As a result, we highly value diversity at our company in not only professional capabilities and experience, but also in personal interests, musical tastes, and walks of life. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.