Product Design Lead
Design is essential to achieving Faire’s vision and our team is responsible for setting and delivering best-in-class design experiences.
As a Product Design Lead, you'll have the opportunity to shape new products from the ground up. You’ll optimize our foundation of core products to drive the next phase of growth for our company. You’ll bring best practices and experience that will improve workflows across our teams and evolve and strengthen our design systems and standards. We’ll trust you to champion customer needs and maintain a clear understanding of the business goals throughout the lifecycle of every project.
We’re a small but mighty team in a high-growth company. We’re looking for team members that excel across the entire product development lifecycle, come with a growth mindset, and a genuine curiosity and desire to learn about the wholesale, retail, and maker industries.
As A Product Design Lead You Will:
- Partner with product and engineering to execute against high-priority goals.
- Lead by example and bring best practices and design methodologies to the team.
- Learn from and contribute to the design team’s process, systems, and culture.
- Demonstrate beautiful and functional visual and interaction design, typography, and hierarchy for our core website and other digital and physical touch points in the Faire ecosystem.
- Demonstrate proficiency and understanding of information architecture, complex user flows, engineering feasibility, and implementation trade-offs.
- Work with your design manager to define product and user requirements in collaboration with both product managers and engineers.
- Ensure work meets business goals, and is built effectively and efficiently, by getting feedback early and often from your manager and product manager and engineering partners.
- Conduct qualitative research and leverage quantitative analysis to inform design decisions and product strategies. Validate and test hypotheses with lightweight research conducted directly with makers and retailers.
- Define and work through complex end-to-end UX flows for all core and uncommon user scenarios and profiles.
- Quickly prototype new features or experiences to get feedback.
- Evolve and improve our design systems and standards.
- Clearly present and communicate concepts, designs, and prototypes to stakeholders.
- Adopt and and iterate on design processes that encourage collaboration between other designers and product teams.
- Positively shape the design team’s culture through collaboration, feedback, and process iteration
- A strong design portfolio that exhibits an appreciation and understanding of design principles, an attention to detail, and a clear point of view.
- 5+ years working experience—ideal past experience includes consumer-facing and B2B technology companies in the e-commerce, retail, and marketplace sectors.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a design discipline including: interaction design, information architecture, user interface design, UX, or graphic design.
- Thoughtful communication skills. You can present design decisions and processes openly, clearly, and confidently, regardless of the audience.
- A collaborative approach. You believe that product, design, and engineering decisions are inextricably linked and aim to be a great partner to other designers and stakeholders across the company. You respect and value other’s input and feedback.
- A growth-mindset. You’re open and receptive to feedback, and can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. You’re open to changing your opinion with new information or understanding of product goals. You’re willing to work outside your comfort zone and are excited about learning and growing to take your professional skills and career to the next level.
- Experience with user research is a plus as we grow and integrate research into our agile design practice.
- Experience designing across both web-based products and iOS applications.
- Experience and fluency with HTML and CSS
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, Abstract, Framer and other design software.
- You’re a maker or retailer yourself and bring first-hand experience and empathy for the small business and entrepreneurial journey.
- You bring a range of experience and inspiration from many creative influences such as architecture, fine art, and photography.
Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
There are over 1M independent retailers in the US and Canada, doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. Economic data shows: compared to the big box stores, local retailers are flourishing because they offer a better shopping experience. However, the antiquated wholesale industry is holding independent stores back, and making life miserable for the makers trying to reach them.
Our goal at Faire is to rethink the wholesale model with an online marketplace that makes it easy for retailers and makers to connect and succeed together. Instead of flying all over the country to attend trade shows, retailers can visit our site to shop for hundreds of curated makers that they can try out totally risk-free. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 65,000 retailers to the Faire platform in less than a year after our launch.
Our founders led product and engineering for Square Capital ($10B deployed) and the Cash app (Square’s only app in the top 20 of the iOS app store). We're backed by some of the top VC funds including Sequoia, Khosla, Forerunner and Lightspeed; and we were named one of the top 20 YC companies by valuation last year.
We are looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join this movement with us.
To learn more about our culture, please visit our careers page!
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.