Senior UI Designer
InterNations GO! is a relocation service company started by InterNations, the largest global network dedicated to expats. Born from the challenging relocation experience of a community of over 3.4 million expats, and our own, we founded InterNations GO! to solve the common problems that expats encounter when moving and living abroad.
In line with our mission of making expat life a great experience, we are building a services platform to help individuals and families relocate. We provide an answer to their relocation needs in a single place.
We are looking for a Senior UI Designer with experience in conversion centered design.
You will help us develop user centric designs, balancing strong design principles with key business goals. You will be responsible for the look and feel of the product, departing from a solid knowledge and thorough understanding of visual communication concepts, as applied to interface design. You will have an experienced eye, well-trained to develop clean and inspiring web and app interfaces, and possess superior UI skills to translate high-level requirements.
As a UI Designer at InterNations, you will:
- define visual interfaces that translate and extend the defined wireframes and ux specifications
- translate business challenges into conversion-oriented interfaces
- work through design challenges from a deep understanding of the user-problem and user needs
- translate insights from research and data into design ideas for improvements and new features
- be part of a collaborative and international team in an agile environment
You meet the following requirements:
- university degree in digital design, communications design, multimedia or related fields.
- a minimum of 5 years of experience in UI design
- strong portfolio demonstrating your experience in user interface design
- familiar with Agile methodologies and iterative development
- experience building design systems and working with them to develop web and app products.
- proficiency in Sketch, Zeplin, InVision and other visual design and wireframing tools
- proficient use of English; written and spoken
It is an exciting time to join us. We are growing our team in the beautiful city of Porto, working in an open warehouse in Matosinhos, a short walk away from the beach, with the best surfing and seafood in town. We enjoy the perks of flexible and remote working arrangements, private health insurance, language classes, annual trips overseas, and a monthly food allowance. As part of an industry disruptive start-up you can make a difference. You will help us build a service platform that makes relocation attainable for individuals, enabling them to follow their dreams. Surrounded by globally minded professionals, you will join an environment where your career challenges grow more exciting by the minute.
If you believe you are the best candidate for this position, we will be happy to receive your application (CV and cover letter) today!