Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 400,000 music videos in its catalogue.
As a user experience and user interaction designer at Vevo, you will collaborate with the Backstage team to deliver compelling web based user interfaces for internal employees and external partners at Universal and Sony to manage and optimize a catalog of music videos. You will join a small autonomous product engineering team working in a modern agile way where design emerges from the intersection of user needs, technical constraints and creative imagination; experiences delivered by this team is the lifeblood of a multi-billion dollar industry. And you will practice our core values that guide our organization and the Product & Engineering team.
Vevo’s company values are:
Be partner focused
Move with pace
This is a full-time position based in Big Pink (US Bancorp Tower) in downtown Portland. Vevo offices are located in New York, Chicago, LA, London and Portland. In the Portland office you will find a heavy product and engineering presence and culture. Vevo provides catered lunches everyday, arranges monthly game nights, volunteer activities and other events, fostering an environment of professional comradery.
As a member of our team you will:
- Inspire and collaborate with software engineers, internal and external (Sony and Universal) stakeholders and a product manager to design for web based user experience and user interaction opportunities
- Work with brand and marketing designers to ensure consistency across all internal and external experiences
- Be accountable for all visual assets which could include style guides (iconography, type, color, etc) and user flows
- Build rapid prototypes to present multiple options to the team
- Balance opinion and intuition with data and analysis
- Be the voice of the user
This describes you:
- Fabulously creative with a passion for visuals and meticulous attention to detail
- The desire for perfection through iterative incremental designs
- Adaptable, self-directed learner who is able to quickly learn new processes and paradigms
- At least 2 years of related occupation experience e.g. UX/UI Designer, Product Designer, et cetera
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Interaction Design or a related field, or relevant experience
- Experience with UI/UX tools, including whiteboards, Zeplin and Lucidchart or similarExperience designing user work flows including web forms
- Extra credit for experience with component based web technologies, CSS, React and Storybook
Interested? Great! You might like to know
- We are a tight community of fun, upbeat people with a real passion for music and technology
- We are active in the PDX development community including hosting/attending meetups
- We help you remain up to date with new technology through our skill based guilds, book clubs, code and tells, and other opportunities like professional training and conferences
- Premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- We provide daily catered lunches and an assortment of snacks and beverages
- Excellent benefits package including a 401K match
- Competitive compensation packages
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.