We’re looking for a UI designer to help evolve Ableton.com and Loop.ableton.com, enabling customers to get more from our products and, in turn, their music-making. Based in our head office in Berlin, you’ll be working with teams across Ableton to deliver everything from small optimizations to large-scale redesigns.
As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will help shape Ableton’s current and future online presence. We explore, implement and iterate in short cycles. We give feedback and share what we learn at every step, looking for ways to improve how we work and the end experiences we deliver.
- Leading UI design activities on projects affecting all aspects of the Ableton.com and Loop.ableton.com user experience.
- Working with product owners and other stakeholders to understand how musicians use our websites, and translate that information into modern and visually coherent web experiences.
- Ideating, mocking up and prototyping concepts with your team.
- Ensuring that the brand guidelines are reflected in our online visual language.
- Working with other UI and UX designers to proactively improve our online customer experience.
- Collaborating with engineers to implement designs.
- You’ve played a key role in the design of complex, customer-facing websites.
- A proven ability to deliver usable, visually compelling websites based on a user-centered design process.
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and ability to solve problems collaboratively.
- The skills to present and explain design decisions to non-designers.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Readiness to relocate to Berlin.
What would make you stand out
- The ability to prototype your designs.
- You make music yourself and are interested in music technology.
Sounds like a great opportunity?
If you like the sound of this role, please send us your CV and cover letter, including a summary of the projects you’ve worked on and what role you played. Both CV and cover letter are valuable to us in the screening process; please note that we will only consider complete applications.
Please also let us know when you could potentially start and your preferred salary. We kindly ask you not to include a photo in your application documents.