We are on a mission to connect the world via awesomely fun gameplay. We want to work together to make games that connect players through social gaming and to provide the most enjoyable, immersive playing experience
Social Point is a world reference in mobile, action, social and strategy gaming, with mega-hits like Dragon City, Monster Legends, the new World Chef and Dragon Land, and an active fan base of more than 50 million players.
We offer a fun, lively and dynamic workplace, headquartered in Barcelona, where creativity, agility and innovation are encouraged, prized and rewarded. Working with us will see you develop your skills, play drive your career and delight millions of people around the world.
What will you do at Social Point?
- Take ownership of information organization, prioritization and navigation flow in the game your work on, reporting directly to the project’s Lead Game Designer.
- Benchmark competition and extracting key insights that apply to your game’s UX/UI
- Prepare mock-ups for features, UX, gather feedback from users and continuously improve existing flows
- Suggest design improvements that can simplify and improve UI/UX designs
- Research and propose artistic styles for UI according to the project’s genre and audience
- Be responsible for the UI implementation in-game and its asset management and optimization
- 3 years of experience as a UI/UX designer
- At least 2 full release cycles on mobile free-to-play games
- Someone with an extensive background as a gamer (mobile, but also PC, console, tabletop, pen and paper) and who knows the mobile gaming market of course!
- Uncanny ability to abstract a design’s goal, distilling the most important information the player needs to understand from it, to group and sequence it into simple flows
- Great art eye (at least one or two art eyes, we’re not asking for more than eight though), with a special focus on composition and color
- Proficient in the technical implementation of assets and UI building (Unity or other SDK)
- Fast iteration and user-driven design mindset
- Of course, as for most jobs, we highly value good communication skills, knowing how to work with a team (and liking it) and a few other basics like those!
Nice to have
- Experience in breeding dragons is a plus but we will still consider your application if you’ve been training marine monsters instead!
- Spanish is a plus!
Benefits & Perks
- You’ll get top of the range devices to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account
- “Mens sana in corpore sano” is the Latin for “a healthy mind in a healthy body”. Our SocialPointers get a healthy Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus + access to our private gym and fantastic physiotherapist
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office but also a private medical insurance, just in case
- Monthly events to get you to know your colleagues, drop by our hairdresser’s to get ready (Forget the wallet)
- People development is key for us: coupling an amazing training budget just for you and our internal mobility programs, you get real growth opportunities!
- Cool offices in the tech neighborhood. Gym and gaming room on site!
- New to Barcelona? we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork!