Atlassian is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
We have an opportunity for a top-tier, Senior Designer to join our Marketplace team in Bengaluru. Marketplace is the "App Store" of Atlassian: our team helps developers around the world build add-ons that extend & improve our products (like Jira & Confluence) and then share them with other Atlassian users.
As a Senior Designer on the team, you will be poised to make a huge impact on an invaluable part of our business. You'll have substantial creative freedom & involvement with driving the development of the visual style for the Marketplace, while making that team an outstanding partner in the further development of the Web Pattern Library, with an end goal of improving the Marketplace experience for both our partner developers and Atlassian users.
More about you
We love designers who are eager to deliver across the entire design process. For this role, we'd love you to have:
- 6+ years of hands-on professional experience as a UI Designer with some experience in UX processes and principles, ideally with software or complex web-based applications and e-commerce experience
- Very strong visual design skills for user interface design, with a mature approach of mixing standard, consistent UI elements for consistency, with highly creative solutions for key parts of our main usage scenarios
- An eye for simple but powerful solutions: you can easily step into the customer's shoes with the enthusiasm to build phenomenal experiences
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes
- Experience with developing new or enhancing existing design systems within the context of a larger organisation
- Led design for a business-critical product or initiative and shipped products with significant improvements to the user's experience
- Has some experience with user-centered design methods and standard methodologies of research and design techniques and a strong desire to grow further in this area
More about our team
You’ll be joining a team that is very smart and direct. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're dedicated to agile methodology and big believers in 'lean', which means we don’t do the documentation for documentation's sake. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to prove ourselves right (or wrong). It’s all about improving our user’s experience—no matter who or where it is.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.